JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Teraflex Delta BBK (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/teraflex-delta-bbk-349657/)

Rednroll 03-14-2019 06:19 AM

Teraflex Delta BBK

It looks like Teraflex has stepped up and expanded on their BBK offerings for our JK's as well as the JL and they listened to what many of us have been saying by allowing us to purchase aftermarket replacement brake pads when that time comes.

4 Piston calipers, 14in front rotors, and an easy brake bleeding check valve on the calipers. Seems like a winner and welcome addition to our JK BBK options.

Facebook Post

jedg 03-14-2019 06:30 AM

This looks really good.

Rednroll 03-14-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4338057)
This looks really good.

It makes me almost wish I didn't already have a big brake kit installed. :D It sure does look like a very attractive option. That check valve bleeding seems to solve a lot of problems for many not comfortable with bleeding brakes as well. Now that's engineering I can admire. Identify a concern/problem and create a solution for it.:thumbsup:

jedg 03-14-2019 07:08 AM

Yup... looks to be a good approach to two problems... braking and bleeding.

resharp001 03-14-2019 05:03 PM

ahhh, I'm seeing $2100. :eek2: For that price they dang well better be nice. A lot like the TF semi to full float conversion....seems awesome till you see the sticker price.

tjkamp 03-14-2019 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by resharp001
ahhh, I'm seeing $2100. :eek2: For that price they dang well better be nice. A lot like the TF semi to full float conversion....seems awesome till you see the sticker price.

Yeah, while they look awesome, it just seems like the trend continues: let's see what astronomical price Jeepers are willing to pay, and then let's go a little higher. And for some reason people keep shelling it out.

nthinuf 03-14-2019 09:41 PM

Has anyone found performance related specs yet? I'd be curious to see how the different versions of TF brake kits compare to each other.

13.3" Rotor-Only
13.3" Rotor w/2-piston caliper
14" Rotor w/4-piston caliper

SoK66 03-15-2019 06:41 AM

I think this is aimed at the tons crowd more than anything. Bolt patterns are 5x5 and 6.5x8.

resharp001 03-15-2019 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by SoK66 (Post 4338136)
I think this is aimed at the tons crowd more than anything. Bolt patterns are 5x5 and 6.5x8.

I was thinking kinda the same....that really this would be 40"+ tires, but those are usually on tons, but that 1-ton axles already have considerably better/larger brakes already. The brakes on a UD60 have no issues stopping a heavy jeep on 40s, I know that for certain.

Rednroll 03-16-2019 03:56 AM

Hopefully we see some reduction in price. That is a pretty steep price, while also taking into consideration that you would likely need to get the Mopar MC and Booster to go along with it. Someone at TF must have looked at DT's BBK which originally went for $1600 and thought, if Jeepers are willing to pay $1600 for that kit, then this kit which additionally includes 4 upgraded calipers must be worth at least $500 more. ;)

They mention it uses Toyota pads. I'm really wondering if the calipers started off as a Toyota caliper or if this was a ground up development? If ground up, then that price makes sense. If it came from Toyota, I have some inside connections I could likely find out more.