Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TeraFlex Falcon Shocks and Nexus Steering Stabilizer

Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=LoneWolf;4276787]I've yet to fully figure where these new TF shock offerings fit in the marketplace. They appear to me to be a re

You would think that but looking at the detail on fox's page the Adventure and Evo series are 5/8 shafts with a 2.0 body making it a smaller shock. The Falcon has a 3/4 shaft and 2.25 body. So no rebadging I can see. Ill let you know when I get them in how they are.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After my last wheeling trip I found my reservoirs had some rock rash, and I've already raised the lower mounts 1.5" wth EVO rockstars with my reservoirs piggy back mounted up much higher than the Falcon reservoirs. This set up is shown below:

After this trip I relocated them above the swaybar:

This experience I had 2 weeks ago just confirms to me my original thoughts, the rear shocks need work it's just a bad design. It's hard to imagine any reason the falcon reservoirs would be better where they are currently mounted than up on top of the shock.

Last edited by Biginboca; 03-05-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greg@RME
Lucky guy! Which ones did you end up with? I'd love to hear your thoughts after you get some miles on them.
Hadn't been on in a while. I ordered the 2.1s. And they actually just got here yesterday. The tracking number the shop was using was actually for a Teraflex tire carrier, so my shocks ended up being backordered for a bit. They are here now though and getting installed Friday.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dblack
Hadn't been on in a while. I ordered the 2.1s. And they actually just got here yesterday. The tracking number the shop was using was actually for a Teraflex tire carrier, so my shocks ended up being backordered for a bit. They are here now though and getting installed Friday.
Awesome, glad to hear you have them and they're going on tomorrow! Can't wait to hear what you think!
Old 03-27-2017, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

So far so good, nice upgrade over the 9550s I had. Here are a few installed pics.

I got the steering stabilizer installed as well.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dblack
So far so good, nice upgrade over the 9550s I had. Here are a few installed pics.

I got the steering stabilizer installed as well.

Looks great! Have you been on the freeway with them yet? That's where I noticed the initial improvement, then once I got in the dirt it was night & day!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Spoke to Teraflex yesterday. Asked about status on my 3.1's and I'm being told it's going to be another 2-3 weeks before I receive them. The wait is agonizing to say the least.

I'm normally a patient guy but not when it comes to waiting on Jeep parts. 60+ days of waiting is too much for a guy to stand!
Old 03-29-2017, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greg@RME
Looks great! Have you been on the freeway with them yet? That's where I noticed the initial improvement, then once I got in the dirt it was night & day!
Yeah, a little bit. The shop that installed them is about 45 minutes up the road, so I was on the freeway on the way home. Haven't driven it much since they got installed, but I noticed the initial improvement as well.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Ok so I just talked to Teraflex and they said the 2.1 Sport shocks are another 6-7 weeks out.

They did have 3.1 in stock so I cancelled my order and picked up the 3.1 and they gave me a discount through the site I ordered from 901.00$ they should be here Friday. From what I was told.

I also got my atz p3 in
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3760.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	669299   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3761.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	669300  
Old 03-29-2017, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TankedRubi15
Ok so I just talked to Teraflex and they said the 2.1 Sport shocks are another 6-7 weeks out.

They did have 3.1 in stock so I cancelled my order and picked up the 3.1 and they gave me a discount through the site I ordered from 901.00$ they should be here Friday. From what I was told.
Weird. It was just 2 days ago when I called them and they weren't in stock then. They just had the shafts in and are supposedly building them now. If you're getting them Friday then I'm wondering where the hell my order is.

I can't blame you on ditching those 2.1's when you're being told it's another 2 months before you get them. Crazy.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Falcon Shocks and Nexus Steering Stabilizer