Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terra Grappler G2 or Ridge Grappler?

Old 12-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by decoy5657
I'm wanting these in 285/75/17

1. How are they at 70mph? sing like a mud tire or quiet like an AT?
2. Do they fit on the stock carrier?
To answer your first question, they have a slight hum on the highway, but are very quiet. I am running them in 37's and not only do they ride great, but I honestly haven't even bothered balancing them yet, as there is absolutely no vibration, even at 80 mph.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by decoy5657
I'm wanting these in 285/75/17 1. How are they at 70mph? sing like a mud tire or quiet like an AT? 2. Do they fit on the stock carrier?
They're no louder than any AT. Fits on the stock carrier but you'll need the extended bumps because on my Procomp rims they sat a couple inches out from the stock ones. I've put about 7,000 miles on them now including a 1,000 miles trip. So far they've performed very well. With winter setting in and a trip to Colorado and Nebraska coming up in a couple weeks I will get to see how they perform in snow.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:53 PM
JK Newbie

Updates from those who bought the Ridge Grapplers? How have they held up?
Old 12-27-2017, 12:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NFaridi
Updates from those who bought the Ridge Grapplers? How have they held up?

I’ve got nearly 50,000 on mine and can probably get another 50,000 out of them if I wanted to. Still ride as good as the day I got them and perform great on wet rock and mud. Cruises right through sand.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have about 10k on my set and couldn't be happier.

Great all around tire and looks good as well.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ridge Grappler vs G2

We love our G2's. 2 yrs later and Discount Tire said we're still at 100% tread and this is our daily. I also get 100k miles out of Big O A/T and on my 3rd set on my other truck. I really like the more rugged look of the Ridge Grapplers. I just have no experience with them nor their longevity. The G2's are very quiet on the highway and do well in snow and gravel/muddy roads. Not sure which ones I would honestly buy next. I think It looks like my G2's will dry-rot before the tread wears out just like my Big O All terrains. How many miles should be expected for the Ridge Grapplers?
Old 03-30-2018, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Ridge Grapplers. I like them a lot. Better gas mileage than the Trail Grapplers they replaced even though I went up a size when I switched. I was worried about them in mud, but couldnt tell a difference to be honest. I think they will do everything I need them to.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Wanted to get feedback on the Ridge Grapplers now that folks seem to have a few miles on them.... how are they in the wet? Snow? (Once you get over 20k miles +)
I have Duratracs (315's) with 52k miles or so and have avg of 5/32's with very uneven wear - I slide all over the place in the rain. Looking at the Ridge Grapplers in 35's.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck11
Wanted to get feedback on the Ridge Grapplers now that folks seem to have a few miles on them.... how are they in the wet? Snow? (Once you get over 20k miles +)
I have Duratracs (315's) with 52k miles or so and have avg of 5/32's with very uneven wear - I slide all over the place in the rain. Looking at the Ridge Grapplers in 35's.
Best all around tire on the market IMO. They ride great, do great in thr rain and very good in snow, wear incredible, and take very little to no weight to balance. Very similar to the Trail Grapplers off road as far as performance. They are a harder rubber compound and will last much longer on the road than a traditional MT.

Quick Reply: Terra Grappler G2 or Ridge Grappler?