JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   TerraFlex with shocks or without?? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/terraflex-shocks-without-14543/)

murray8144 08-27-2007 05:43 PM

TerraFlex with shocks or without??

I'm planning on ordering the BB 2.5" for my Rubicon Unlimited, but is it worth it to order the kit with the shocks? Are they superior to the stock shocks on the Rubi? Or should I just get the adapters to keep my stock shocks. Thanks.

Also - looks like the Rubicon Express 2" kit is about the same thing, for about the same $$. Any opinions on which one is the better rig for my Rubi?

BTW - I'm thrilled that I have this "dilemma" because today I bought one of the two last Rubicons within 500 miles of north Jersey. And the only one I could find with side airbags.

RotorHead 08-27-2007 05:48 PM

Just get the adapters. That's what I did when I ran that lift. It road nice.

bly109 08-27-2007 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by murray8144 (Post 161700)
I'm planning on ordering the BB 2.5" for my Rubicon Unlimited, but is it worth it to order the kit with the shocks? Are they superior to the stock shocks on the Rubi? Or should I just get the adapters to keep my stock shocks. Thanks.

BTW - I'm thrilled that I have this "dilemma" because today I bought one of the two last Rubicons within 500 miles of north Jersey. And the only one I could find with side airbags.

First...: Go Yanks!! :yup:

Second: I have the Teraflex BB with the shock extensions. I am extremely happy I went that route. It drives and wheels great. I have no idea how the Tera shocks are, but before I bought my lift I did alot of reading and searching on here. The general consensus seemed to be: If you have X or Sahara shocks, get the teraflex ones; if you have rubi's, stick with them.

Third: Congrats on your new Jeep!!

murray8144 08-27-2007 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by bly109 (Post 161705)
First...: Go Yanks!! :yup:

LOL

Thanks, think you're right about keeping the shocks.

I was checking out the pics on the Project JK side, and it looks like the lift will look pretty good with the stock 32" tires until they wear out and I pick up some 33's. Right? Won't look like I need new tires right away?

bly109 08-27-2007 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by murray8144 (Post 161708)
LOL

Thanks, think you're right about keeping the shocks.

I was checking out the pics on the Project JK side, and it looks like the lift will look pretty good with the stock 32" tires until they wear out and I pick up some 33's. Right? Won't look like I need new tires right away?

The 32's are stayin until they wear out. I think they look pretty good for now. IMO this is how they should come from Jeep. But I am definitely gonna go bigger once the stockers wear out. Probably 33's, but maybe 35's if I decide to regear.

bodybrdng 08-27-2007 06:24 PM

LETS GO O'S

Tom07JK 08-27-2007 06:36 PM

I have heard that you need wheel spacers to run the BB with stock wheels. Anyone confirm this??

murray8144 08-27-2007 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by bodybrdng (Post 161731)
LETS GO O'S

YEAH MAN :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bly109 08-27-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tom07JK (Post 161738)
I have heard that you need wheel spacers to run the BB with stock wheels. Anyone confirm this??

You don't, if you put the new rear links on the inside of the sway bar bracket instead. I ended up getting spacers because I like the look and I plan on goin to a 12.50 wide tire eventually on stock rims.

Tom07JK 08-27-2007 07:03 PM

Thanks Bly. That is what I heard that the BB puts the sway bar right into the sidewall. Flipping the links makes sense. It wouldn't be much of a Budget Boost if you have to drop another $200 for wheel spacers.

Later-