Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TF 2.5" lift installed!!

Old 03-08-2018, 02:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TF 2.5" lift installed!!

I'll try and get pictures tomorrow but I got it installed with the AEV Geometry brackets, man it rides great and it's not darty at all. It rides better than it did when stock. I'll put about 500 miles or so on it and go back over the bolts and check the tq again but go to get the Cooper Discovery Pro STT 295/70/18's on this evening after work. Can't wait to see it with the tires.
I got the $748 kit that came with the TF shocks etc. along with the TF stabilizer shock , added the AEV brackets for good measure and glad I did. The steering is just a hair to the left but a quick trip to the alignment shop will cure that.
Now my friends hollering detachable sway bar links, do we need them?
Old 03-08-2018, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by tnheritage
Detachable sway bar links for the front are one of those mods that are relatively inexpensive and will provide you a lot of benefits for off-road capabilities. Many avoid detachable links on the rears. Also, you shouldn't be detaching the links for on-road use since that would be very dangerous.

Essentially, detachable links eliminates the sway bar as being the 1st limiting factor of suspension downward droop, where your shock length now becomes the next suspension flex limiter. Which at the end of the day, helps to keep your tires on the ground, which increases off-road capabilities by having more tire traction on the ground in off camber scenarios.

So do you need them? No. Do you want them for off-road capability performance? Yes. Do you want to have your links disconnected while driving on road? Absolutely Not.

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-08-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

yup^^^. If you're gonna wheel, quick disconnects are worth the money. Disconnect in a few clips while you're airing down and off you go. Nothing worse than hitting a trail with someone and as you're airing down look over and see them on their back fiddling with wrenches. You can make your own for cheap, but spending $160 or whatnot on some nice ones is worthwhile.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

"The steering is just a hair to the left but a quick trip to the alignment shop will cure that."

If you're saying your steering wheel is a bit to the left, you can fix this yourself. Adjust your drag link (two 15mm bolts).

If you didn't make any adjustments to your tie rod, you won't have anything that the alignment shop can do for you (unless you have adjustable control arms and they are willing to make adjustments to the control arms). From what you said above, I'm guessing no adjustable control arms. And, since you said it drives fine, save the cash from an alignment and use it for something else. Adjust your drag link and you're good.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

My friend wanted to check the height of his jeep after he installed Rubicon Springs from a 2017 Unlimited 4dr. He's about 1/2" down.

Here is a couple of pictures I took after getting the tires on.

Last edited by tnheritage; 03-11-2018 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try and get pictures tomorrow but I got it installed with the AEV Geometry brackets, man it rides great and it's not darty at all. It rides better than it did when stock. I'll put about 500 miles or so on it and go back over the bolts and check the tq again but go to get the Cooper Discovery Pro STT 295/70/18's on this evening after work. Can't wait to see it with the tires.
I got the $748 kit that came with the TF shocks etc. along with the TF stabilizer shock , added the AEV brackets for good measure and glad I did. The steering is just a hair to the left but a quick trip to the alignment shop will cure that.
​​​​​​You can do your alignment on your own if you're mechanically inclined wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment
Old 03-12-2018, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
"The steering is just a hair to the left but a quick trip to the alignment shop will cure that."

If you're saying your steering wheel is a bit to the left, you can fix this yourself. Adjust your drag link (two 15mm bolts).

If you didn't make any adjustments to your tie rod, you won't have anything that the alignment shop can do for you (unless you have adjustable control arms and they are willing to make adjustments to the control arms). From what you said above, I'm guessing no adjustable control arms. And, since you said it drives fine, save the cash from an alignment and use it for something else. Adjust your drag link and you're good.
+1, spot on no need to pay the money
Old 03-12-2018, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PabloFlexobar
+1, spot on no need to pay the money
Got it fixed at no cost and also alignment checked at no cost, win win! LOL
Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looking nice!
Old 03-12-2018, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks great. I have the same TF lift, and am happy with them too. Glad to hear the AEV brackets worked out. I had the Rancho geo brackets, but I got too much caster (at the lowest hole), which rode fine, but I didnt like that. so I ended up switching to TF sport flexarm front LCA, and the caster is just right.

Quick Reply: TF 2.5" lift installed!!