Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on bedlining exterior of Jeep?

Old 12-18-2017, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Have you ever used bedliner? It traps everything in and is a complete b*tch to clean. It will fade in the sun after a few years, weighs more....etc. There are so many reasons not to do this besides how stupid it looks.

Go buy a beater XJ and bedline that.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't recommend doing the whole vehicle, i have my hood bed lined(bought it second hand that way). after a trail run it holds all the dirt, it's a PITA to clean, you can't use rags or wash mitts on it. The only way it looks good after a wash is i use 303 aerospace protection, and it weighs a lot. IMO the positives don't outweigh the negatives.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bedliner fades, unless you do the clearcoat over it...and then you're in it for a nice paintjob. Bedliner stains very easily, and that east coast/southern clay mud won't come out. What I'm saying is it might look ok at first, but it'll eventually look like s***.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on bedlining exterior of Jeep?