Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired of the fake beadlock look... but not wanting real ones..

Old 05-15-2017, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tired of the fake beadlock look... but not wanting real ones..

So that's my situation. I'm not in the market for $350-400 for 5 wheels. I need some quality wheels, that look decent, that will hold up to some rock rash. The fake beadlocks are just stupid, not a fan of them at all.

So any other wheel options out there, where I can grind on the lip of the wheel without breaking off a corny plastic fake bolt?

Looking for 17x9, with at least 4" of backspace, or close. I prefer alloy wheels, not steel.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Discount tire sells a few options with removable rock rings. May be worth looking at, anyway.

MB 11
Level 8 Bully Pro
Level 8 Tracker Pro
Old 05-15-2017, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I personally love my Dick Cepek alloy wheels, they're very high quality with a durable clear coat finish. Depending on your tastes, they have black, brushed aluminum and combo style options. They come in 17x9 with 4.5in back space. Work perfect with my 315/70/R17 tires.

http://www.dickcepek.com/wheels/
Old 05-16-2017, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Seems like the biggest dilema is going to be paying for "decent" wheels that you're going to go out and scrape up on the rocks in general. I'm in the opposite situation as you. I have Fuel Boost wheels that I liked just fine, but I've scrapped em all to high holy hell and now they're worthless in regards to resale. Wish I had just done beadlocks to start with.....or gone really cheap until I could. Seems like ~$200 is the sweet spot for a huge selection of decent wheels, but it does stink to scratch em up as most are designed to look nice on the road and not take a beating from the rocks.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds like one of these models may be a good choice for you.

Level 8 Pro Wheels - Built by Enthusiasts, FOR Enthusiasts | JK-Forum

Thank you for the referral , nthinuf!

Side note, the MB11 has been discontinued.

Quick Reply: Tired of the fake beadlock look... but not wanting real ones..