Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires...(Goodyear Duratrac, Courser MXT, Nitto Ridge Grappler) on Stock Sahara Wheels

Old 02-17-2017, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GraniteJK_14
I've heard about the thin sidewalls of the dura tracks as well and to help narrow things I'm going to knock them off the list.

I've also heard that the MXTs are relatively quite on the road. I know a lot of guys that have them and really like them. That's why I included them in the first place.

Anyone have experience with the ridge grapplers?
I have a buddy that uses his jeep as a DD and he runs 31" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. He loves them because they are made to go on the road but have the ability to do a little bit of everything (rain, snow, mud, pavement). I am going to be getting Ridge Grapplers for mine and I will be doing a lot of driving on the road as well. You might not find a lot of reviews on the Ridge Grapplers because they are fairly new. I like how they are made for multiple purposes but also have the cool looking side walls. I believe they come in two different side wall patterns as well but don't quote me on that.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The first tire I ran on my Sahara were 275/70R18 Mastercraft MXT on my stock wheels. I have some pics if you guys want to mill around my gallery. I also did a very detailed write up on the tires if you search MXT on this site. Great tire, no spacers needed. I did put 2 washers behind the steering stop, but it's really not necessary.

I'm now running 35x12.50R18 on my stock Sahara wheels with RR wheel spacers. Cooper ST Maxx. That's with a 2" lift and flat fenders. The ST Maxx does just as well offroad, and it's super quiet. You may want to look into them.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default 35x12.5x18 ridge grapplers

So I am sold on the ridge grappler, I was about to buy a set to put on my 2017 jku sahara with stock rims, teraflex lift, and 1.5" spacers... When I noticed the 18" version only comes in a F load 12ply variation...Which is way over the weight requirements of the jku... Thinking the sidewall would be too stiff making for a terrible rude, and possibly lose benefit if airing down when Wheeling, since the sidewall might just stick straight up... Anyone have any experience running an f load on a jku? I tried to sell my self on the Toyo RT as a replacement but can't get the sane excitement level I had for the ridge grappler.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chewmeista
This is the exact thread I was hoping to find. I was about to buy a 275/70 18 Falken tire to put on my stock Sahara rims, but the place that is going to install my 2" lift is saying that the only way they'll fit is if you put wheel spacers, which I will never do.

So you guys are saying that a 275/70 18 tire will fit onto the stock sahara rim without an issue correct?
That's the size I went with on my 18 inch Sahara wheel. Also I'm running the Falken Wild peak AT3W. Do far I'm very impressed. A fairly aggressive tread with no more road noise than stock, but great grip in the conditions I have thrown at them mud, snow, sand, river crossing. The only place I rubbed was the factory "skid" under the bumper. Took it off problem solved
Old 04-08-2017, 10:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by El_Jeepster
That's the size I went with on my 18 inch Sahara wheel. Also I'm running the Falken Wild peak AT3W. Do far I'm very impressed. A fairly aggressive tread with no more road noise than stock, but great grip in the conditions I have thrown at them mud, snow, sand, river crossing. The only place I rubbed was the factory "skid" under the bumper. Took it off problem solved
Will check them out, had not looked at them
Old 04-09-2017, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearman
So I am sold on the ridge grappler, I was about to buy a set to put on my 2017 jku sahara with stock rims, teraflex lift, and 1.5" spacers... When I noticed the 18" version only comes in a F load 12ply variation...Which is way over the weight requirements of the jku... Thinking the sidewall would be too stiff making for a terrible rude, and possibly lose benefit if airing down when Wheeling, since the sidewall might just stick straight up... Anyone have any experience running an f load on a jku? I tried to sell my self on the Toyo RT as a replacement but can't get the sane excitement level I had for the ridge grappler.
Why not pick up a set of used 17" Rubicon wheels? You can get them cheap, and then run the Ridge Grapplers. They are an awesome tire.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Why not pick up a set of used 17" Rubicon wheels? You can get them cheap, and then run the Ridge Grapplers. They are an awesome tire.
It's a good idea... I can sell the Sagara wheels for around the sane price... But if I do that I am kind of tempted to spend 1k more and get some fuel vector 17" in anthracite...

Quick Reply: Tires...(Goodyear Duratrac, Courser MXT, Nitto Ridge Grappler) on Stock Sahara Wheels