Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TMR Control Arms?

Old 05-07-2019, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking TMR Control Arms?

Well another day bored at work and i ran across a company called TMR Customs. Seem to have some pretty good stuff, then i saw their JK control arms. So i wonder who has the best control arms? They dont give a whole lot of info on them and i have never heard of lifetime heims. Anyone use them and shed some light on the subject. Linking them and also the similar "kit" from MC and Synergy.
https://www.tmrcustoms.com/jeep-spec...k-complete-set
https://metalcloak.com/jeep-jk-wrang...-full-set.html
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-j...tegory_id=4055
Old 05-07-2019, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I have a full set of MC arms. I was sold on the Duroflex joints. It was a big purchase for me at the time. I have zero regrets at all, and I'd choose them any day over a heim joint. The one thing I'd say about them is many people view them as "no maintenance", but if you really use the jeep they are more like "low-maintenance". I remove and re-grease every 12-18 months depending on how much wheelin i'd done in that time.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

No experience with them, but my 1st reaction is that for that cost they better have some bends in their design for joint alignment and better ground clearance and horizontal flatness which they don't based on the picture.

Seems like anyone could take a straight pipe and thread some heim joints in each end while keeping about $1500 in your pocket at the same time.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya i have the MC arms also, just wondering what everyones thoughts where and if anyone is running the TMR arms. I wonder how much flex they allow you to get vs. MC. I figure they will prob ride rougher.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
No experience with them, but my 1st reaction is that for that cost they better have some bends in their design for joint alignment and better ground clearance and horizontal flatness which they don't based on the picture.
I noticed that also but they have this kit with Curries JJ joints that has the bend. So i wonder what their intention was for the heim kit.

https://www.tmrcustoms.com/jeep-spec...s-complete-set
Old 05-07-2019, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
So i wonder what their intention was for the heim kit.
Interesting, that they have arms with the bends but these don't. Intention must be to sell arms to the uneducated by making them believe they'll get additional flex with the heim joints and feel comfortable with the "lifetime" aspect but in reality that additional flex would be extremely limited due to the joint misalignment and ride like crap on road. Unless those are just prototype sample pics?
Old 05-07-2019, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Interesting, that they have arms with the bends but these don't. Intention must be to sell arms to the uneducated by making them believe they'll get additional flex with the heim joints and feel comfortable with the "lifetime" aspect but in reality that additional flex would be extremely limited due to the joint misalignment and ride like crap on road. Unless those are just prototype sample pics?
Maybe, but almost everything on this site is for builders. So they would be selling it to the wrong crowd, or at least i hope so if you are building you own stuff. TMR seems to focus on the rock racing world with parts and how stuff seems to be designed, "also you tube videos give the hint".
Old 05-07-2019, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
I noticed that also but they have this kit with Curries JJ joints that has the bend. So i wonder what their intention was for the heim kit.

https://www.tmrcustoms.com/jeep-spec...s-complete-set
They're not all that dissimilar from my long arms, other than mine have Johnny Joints at both ends. For the ease of rebuilding, I'm a JJ fan. Just got done doing 6 of the 8 in my front end and it drives like brand new again. The other 2 looked brand new, so I skipped them this time. $15'ish gets you the new rubbers, washers, and retaining clips, and by about the 2nd one, I was flying getting them apart and back together.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:35 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The ones in the link are aluminum. That is why there are no bends

Quick Reply: TMR Control Arms?