JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   track bar bracket (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/track-bar-bracket-349242/)

QPJEEP420 02-04-2019 09:19 AM

track bar bracket

How much difference will the ride be with a upper frame side bracket vs a lower axle side bracket on a 3" lift. Will it be that noticeable on the road?

jadmt 02-04-2019 09:24 AM

some people will notice others won't. If you drive aggressively probably notice more than if you don't drive aggressively.

resharp001 02-04-2019 10:35 AM

Yup. Raising the axle side bracket is going to result in a higher roll center than lowering the frame-side bracket. Where you're going to notice that is corners and such when the body rolls to a side. It's not going to turn your jeep in to a POS, but it would be noticeable in more "aggressive" style driving as noted above.

This is one of those things that 95% of lifted rigs do a particular way for a reason. Do you want to be part of the 5% that doesn't?

nthinuf 02-04-2019 01:20 PM

Just for clarification, you are talking about the rear correct? Not the front, in conjunction with a drop pitman...

BoraBora 02-04-2019 04:51 PM

I would never advise lowering your roll center on a lifted anything.

QPJEEP420 02-05-2019 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by nthinuf (Post 4335542)
Just for clarification, you are talking about the rear correct? Not the front, in conjunction with a drop pitman...

Yes. I was talking about the rear.

resharp001 02-05-2019 04:36 AM

I'd reverse the question. Is there some reason you're wanting or looking at lowering the frame side bracket instead? Are you looking at some lift kit that includes a lowered bracket?

QPJEEP420 02-05-2019 06:54 AM

Just trying to understand what each relocate bracket does so I can decide what I need to go with my springs and shocks.

resharp001 02-05-2019 07:02 AM

You should go with the axle side bracket anyhow, but here is one more thing to think about. If you ever put adjustable rear control arms on to push the rear axle back against post-lift.....a lowered TB bracket is gonna come very close to interfering with the bump stop perch. If I recall correctly, I had to flip the frame-side TB bolt around cuz the bolt was banging on the perch under normal driving conditions going over a big bump. I can't imagine having that mount hanging lower than it already is.

Most people will add a simple bolt-on axle-side bracket. If you ever see yourself getting in to harder-core type off-roading, you might consider a good weld on bracket. The weakness of a bolt on is still the partial use of the factory TB bracket which is wimpy. I've sheared that factory bracket off before while using a cheap bolt on raised bracket. Not something that MOST people will encounter, but be aware that it can happen. Get a decent bracket that bolts to the lower control arm, the factory mount, and has a u-clamp around the tube as well if you can.

QPJEEP420 02-05-2019 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4335607)
You should go with the axle side bracket anyhow, but here is one more thing to think about. If you ever put adjustable rear control arms on to push the rear axle back against post-lift.....a lowered TB bracket is gonna come very close to interfering with the bump stop perch. If I recall correctly, I had to flip the frame-side TB bolt around cuz the bolt was banging on the perch under normal driving conditions going over a big bump. I can't imagine having that mount hanging lower than it already is.

Most people will add a simple bolt-on axle-side bracket. If you ever see yourself getting in to harder-core type off-roading, you might consider a good weld on bracket. The weakness of a bolt on is still the partial use of the factory TB bracket which is wimpy. I've sheared that factory bracket off before while using a cheap bolt on raised bracket. Not something that MOST people will encounter, but be aware that it can happen. Get a decent bracket that bolts to the lower control arm, the factory mount, and has a u-clamp around the tube as well if you can.

Thanks for the input. I am getting the teraflex axle-side bracket. Should have it all on this weekend.