Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trail Dash 2.....issues!!

Old 03-09-2016, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neohiofan
I have a 14 jk polar edition. I have rigged ridge dual battery setup on m.o.r.e dual battery tray. I have gutted my pioneer stock system for a pioneer avic-6000nex. I also have fortin remote start. I only have a tpms sensor light on because I run 32psi. I bought a trail dash 2 and having similar problems. When I first tried hooking trail dash 2 up to me jeep it took about 10 times before the trail dash 2 to recognize my jeep. It still recognizes it about 50% of the time & others it tells me contact tech support. I tried to install crawl tune or 87 and always tells me operation failed. I have uploaded my trail dash to the computer and updated at least 2 updates super chips sends me. I hate waiting 30-40 minutes on hold to get ahold of a tech. Once I do all the do is tell me it's my aftermarket radio or remote start messing with the trail dash 2. They then put me on hold for 10 minutes and say they will call me back but never do when an update is available. Only way I know is randomly hook trail dash 2 up to fusion to get the update. I'm very upset & have tried removing my remote start but no dice there so put it back in. So I'm at the point do I return the damn thing & find something else or will they be able to get it working? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

So I was able to get mine fixed but it took some work and dedication. First you have to call superchips and tell them the issue. This can be a pain but wait times really werent always that long. They have to setup your Fusion account to download your parameters when you hook up to the computer. next you have to call them and tell them they are downloaded and the will send it off to their engineers. The engineers rewrite the code and call you that its time to rehook to fusion and install the new software...It takes a while to download....like 40 minutes its a slow process. You might want to walk away or you ill think it froze and get more frustrated then you were in the first place. Once the new update is complete you can hook it back up to the jeep. Do yourself a favor, run a battery charger to your jeep while you try to install the tune...I had to do it twice because it was killing my battery. Once I hooked up the charger it installed. Everything is working smoothly. If you have GPS installed and that is wacky thats a whole nother fix so let me know. I can help with that too I think but your way newer in year then I am. Hope that helps!!
Old 03-09-2016, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the tip. I do gave a gps on my pioneer avic-6000nex. I will hook battery charger up to my batteries. I did upload to fusion & super chips engineers are looking at the files. Any other tips?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Neohiofan
Thanks for the tip. I do gave a gps on my pioneer avic-6000nex. I will hook battery charger up to my batteries. I did upload to fusion & super chips engineers are looking at the files. Any other tips?
No other tips really. Once they figure it out I bet it will work and you will eventually forget of how bad of a headache it was. It's a sweet unit. I think their fuel milage calculator is off but you may find different. I like the ability to turn up the idle while winching and thats a neat feature and I have used it a few times. Tpms unlock is cool too. Have fun with it.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default issue to startup TD2

Hello all, i just get TD2 from amazon , I have Jeep wrangler unlimited 2013 first time to connect device go through steps by entering VIN number then screen stop @ preparing gauges and then once it write UPDATING it freeze ,I have tried to wait more than 40 minutes ,once I disconnect device it start from beginning
, I have update it by fusion with latest update , I tried to remove fuse of radio and amp but still face same issue , can any get workaround how to register TD2 with my jeep

Last edited by Garmanuos; 06-13-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Trail Dash 2.....issues!!