Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tube fender rust prevention

Old 04-12-2014, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tube fender rust prevention

Hi all,

I'm a complete noob, so bear with me please. I just received my River Raider tube fenders for my '08 JK. I bought it new, but I'm just now doing my first mods. So, my question: when I put tube fenders on, do I need something between the fenders and the sheet metal of the body to prevent rust? I ask because I had some lights above my cowl and I got some surface rust between the KC brackets and the Jeep.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe I should ask this in a more direct way...for those of you with tube fenders, did you put anything between the tube fender and the body where the two meet?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Texas Longhorn
Maybe I should ask this in a more direct way...for those of you with tube fenders, did you put anything between the tube fender and the body where the two meet? Thanks!
I had my poison spyder fenders painted so it's was only going paint on paint against the body but if you are afraid you can always put a bead of silicone over the fender so there is a barrier between the fender and the jeep.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with Warrior Products Flat Tube Fenders and they came with a rubber strip to put between the fenders and the side panels. Which makes me think that any weather stripping from a hardware store would do the trick.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have ps fenders and they came with a rubber gasket.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Tube fender rust prevention