Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuffy conceal and carry security drawer

Old 05-31-2016, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
fredrok, I know it is legal in CO and all, but you really should reduce your weed intake. It seems to be affecting your ability to reason. A person who has locked a firearm in their closed vehicle is not responsible for, or "stupid", if a thief breaks into the vehicle and steals things that are not theirs.

Your argument is classic in the Gun Control talking points. The arguments go like this....
"it is common sense to lock your gun up to make it safe that others wont steal it".
"you should never need a clip that has more than 10 rounds".
"You must store the ammunition in a different location from the weapon".
"Guns kill people".
"Anyone buying a gun should wait 30 days".
"No real hunter would ever need an AR15".

In the mean time, all of us law abiding citizens are at the mercy of thieves and miscreants with no way to defend ourselves. Where you take away citizens basic rights, it benefits only those who have no problem with breaking the laws. Just look at DC, Baltimore and Chicago to see how well those "common sense" laws work.

Personally I carry my firearms with me because it is no use to me locked in the vehicle. If every other Jeeper did the same, none of us would have to lock our Jeep. Nor would we have to spend our hard earned money to achieve some super level of responsibility because we only want to be able to defend ourselves. Then the world would be a much safer place.
You're so far off base here, it's you that's high. But I'll be the bigger man and give you the benefit of the doubt as assumptions are always abound.

Even if I wanted to smoke, I'm a pilot so that's out of the question. And as a lifetime member of NRA and USCCA, CCW from 2 states, IDPA and USPSA competitor and monthly tactical firearm training in low light, AR and pistol environments and owner of 20+ firearms; you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm so tired of the mentally ill libtard crowd trying to steal our right to bear that I'm a bit sensitive with regards to those of us that do it callously at the cost of more "ammo" for them to feed the mainstream libtard media with. Sure, you have the right to carry in your vehicle, not your fault if it gets stolen, yadaydadayada BUT if you're the responsible carrier you claim to be, then you'll understand that you owe all of us at least the minimum of efforts it requires to do all you can to keep that from happening so we'll still have these rights instead of giving them yet one more news story that reads "gun stolen for another gun nut's car" because you KNOW that's how it will be portrayed.

My point was, for an extra 10 minutes of effort it may take to install an extra measure that could either buy more time to get discovered or frustrate enough to abandon, do you really think that's all that unreasonable and a big deal when you consider it's to keep a (YOUR) firearm out of the hands of someone evil?

It's a mindset. It's risk management. I have an insurance policy in place and an attorney in my phone to call, should I ever find myself in the unfortunate position that I'm required to use my uncomfortable hunk of metal. Do you just shrug your shoulders and leave it all to fate? Because I guarantee you if your firearm is stolen and subsequently used (forget having to even use it yourself), you will be in court system hell. And within the ensuing lawsuits, you WILL be drilled on what actions you took to keep your firearm safe because guess what; the libtards are running THAT show too.

Last edited by fredrok; 05-31-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Well I really didn't want my post to go into gun owner rights here. I was just keeping my wallet inside of it along with my cell phone.

As stated in the movie anchor man...wow that escalated quickly...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2898127927.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	648611  
Old 06-02-2016, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
As stated in the movie anchor man...wow that escalated quickly...
They ALWAYS do here.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Got this installed today! Super easy and the third bolt was worth it. I had access to an impact wrench so that was a plus.

I plan on ordering the combination lock.

Quick Reply: Tuffy conceal and carry security drawer