Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrading lift

Old 04-23-2019, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, thats the kind of advise/info I was looking for. I had thought about moving the axle and reassessing bump stops, muffler is already relocated, but had not thought about moving the rear sway bar. I also have wedges for the rear coils, just havent installed them yet. Completely agree with the high centering comment, can happen no matter what you have.Thanks for the info
Old 06-12-2019, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just to follow up on this thread. I went with the 3.5" Rock Krawler coils and Bilstein 5100s. Also had to add an adjustable front track bar and drag link flip. I am more than impressed with the difference in performance. I was really only looking for a little more clearance. I got the clearance, plus much more flex, especially on the rear. I also no longer stuff the front tires in the fender wells. The new suspension is softer by a little. I am very happy with this setup and gained more than what I had thought I would.
The following users liked this post:
Tech Tim (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol glad you went bigger than what some of these guys were saying. I couldn't imagine my rig on 35s and a small lift. Not everyone offroads down a dirt road where "33s and lockers will go further then 37s on 4" lift. I've done moab, the Rubicon, ourray, and dirt trails here in Illinois... to each their own
Old 06-14-2019, 05:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I don't see front DS listed in your profile. If it's still factory, start watching for grease on the underside of the tub above the CV joint (TC side).

Quick Reply: upgrading lift