JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Viper Throttle Body??? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/viper-throttle-body-283731/)

eossncsb 08-20-2013 05:28 AM

Viper Throttle Body???

I recently installed a throttle body spacer on my 07 jku. Like an idiot I over tightened the bolts on my TB and cracked it (not fully thru, but I cracked the housing that around the sensor and the top between the bolts).

I was researching new TBs and found the Viper TB which looks pretty sweet, cause of how it's decently larger.

I'm just a little skeptical and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this TB.

Thanks everyone

TOTL Innovations 08-20-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by eossncsb (Post 3653374)
I recently installed a throttle body spacer on my 07 jku. Like an idiot I over tightened the bolts on my TB and cracked it (not fully thru, but I cracked the housing that around the sensor and the top between the bolts).

I was researching new TBs and found the Viper TB which looks pretty sweet, cause of how it's decently larger.

I'm just a little skeptical and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this TB.

Thanks everyone

I had one on my 08. It was a little peppier down low but around 3K rpm it was identical to the stock TB. I had to take it off because it throws codes up here at altitude but I hear that isnt an issue at sea level.

Also not to be mean but that spacer isnt adding any gains...

eossncsb 08-20-2013 07:54 AM

Okay thanks. I need a new one anyway since I cracked mine. You think I should just not use the spacer if I get the viper??

eossncsb 08-20-2013 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations (Post 3653389)

I had one on my 08. It was a little peppier down low but around 3K rpm it was identical to the stock TB. I had to take it off because it throws codes up here at altitude but I hear that isnt an issue at sea level.

Also not to be mean but that spacer isnt adding any gains...

You think I should take off the spacer if I put the viper on??

eossncsb 08-20-2013 08:01 AM

And do you recommend a better TB to get?

rubiconjk09 08-20-2013 08:50 AM

I have installed a viper TB and have no issues. For a $100, I think its a good upgrade.

eossncsb 08-20-2013 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by rubiconjk09 (Post 3653515)
I have installed a viper TB and have no issues. For a $100, I think its a good upgrade.

Good! I just ordered it. It cost me 150$ though. Hope it works out

TOTL Innovations 08-20-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by eossncsb (Post 3653468)
You think I should take off the spacer if I put the viper on??

I think you should pull the spacer off regardless...

Ryan0260 08-20-2013 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations (Post 3653602)

I think you should pull the spacer off regardless...

X2. They are worthless. As far as the Viper TB, the reviews seem mixed. For the price it doesn't hurt to try it out, but I wouldn't expect much from it.

courtsm3 08-20-2013 06:36 PM

I had it with my airaid intake and tuner. Jeep drove like a champ with noticeable power increase. Mostly top end passing power. Once i got her in the upper rpms, she pulled much better with my 35s. Mine was free and worked well. In certain rpm/speed with my previous 3.73 gears, the throttle seemed choppy. Like the jeep would bog down. Geared jeeps shouldnt have this issue.