Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viper Throttle Body Dyno Sheet

Old 10-02-2011, 01:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk

Not so. The only one's I have seen who have had problems are those running a SC tuner.
Anyone tried it with Diablo tuner??
Old 10-02-2011, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips with VIPERTB

I really haven't seen "alot" of trouble with these, so I purchased a used one..bolted it up, and really feel a difference. I knew it was a risk, but I can't afford a Hemi or Supercharger..and sometimes feel like running this thing of a cliff .., with it's lack of power! Its like the engine lag-auto trans response-etc.. is WORSE than minivan! ok (breath..), anyway, so I installed the TB, and I like it. Throttle response is better and it seems to like me more. Now, I'm just waiting on a shift kit or something for auto trans.

BTW: 2008 JK , auto with stock exhaust, superchips, 285s/stock wheels, AFE CAI, and now TB.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Not so. The only one's I have seen who have had problems are those running a SC tuner.
Not true. I have read reports of stalling issues on otherwise factory setups...
Old 10-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

No more so than a CAI. They both work on the same principle. Allow more air in.
Doesn't work that way. A cai allows more airflow until it hits a restriction (factory throttle body) A larger bore throttle body will allow more air into the plenum because of less restriction. Now a cai combined with a larger throttle body will give a definite increase in airflow, and ideally you could port the intake manifold and install a longer duration camshaft to allow the motor to efficiently use the increased airflow, but then you have to tackle the increased fuel demand and tuning (computer) aspect to make it all work. A cai will have minimal benefits without compensating for the other airflow restrictions to the engine
Old 10-02-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ryan0260 you just need get to out the of these threads. You know nothing and mean nothing about this part. You have not installed, or even seen it in person. You just read random bits on information of the internet and then recite it as if you are expert. Your posts show no technical or practical knowledge on the matter. Lay off the Google.

HERE IS THE ABSOLUTE FACT.
I have had my Viper TB on since Nov. 2010. 11 months now and I have driven just about everywhere: high elevation, low elevation, highway, street, off-road, etc. Absolutely no problems to report!! I think was the first person to do the install. Never one single problem. Also with a Superchips!!

DONE!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by burnout88
Ryan0260 you just need get to out the of these threads. You know nothing and mean nothing about this part. You have not installed, or even seen it in person. You just read random bits on information of the internet and then recite it as if you are expert. Your posts show no technical or practical knowledge on the matter. Lay off the Google.

HERE IS THE ABSOLUTE FACT.
I have had my Viper TB on since Nov. 2010. 11 months now and I have driven just about everywhere: high elevation, low elevation, highway, street, off-road, etc. Absolutely no problems to report!! I think was the first person to do the install. Never one single problem. Also with a Superchips!!

DONE!
BRO...first of all I used to race cars so I think I have a little knowledge on how motors work! If you want to invest hundreds of dollars to get a few extra horsepower out of a mini van motor than go ahead. I NEVER said viper tb's didn't work, nor did I say cai's didn't work. I am simply stating that some have had issues with them. I have looked at this thread to hear real world knowledge both good and bad about these throttle bodies. I need to get off this thread???! You need to go back to your Honda civic with ricer exhaust
Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with the google
Old 10-02-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

I have had a viper TB on my 2011 6 speed JKU since Oct 2010 and have now put 21,000 mi on it since installing and have not had a single problem. I have it mated with the Mopar CAI and I definitely felt a difference when I installed, mainly in low end throttle response.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MikeT
I have had a viper TB on my 2011 6 speed JKU since Oct 2010 and have now put 21,000 mi on it since installing and have not had a single problem. I have it mated with the Mopar CAI and I definitely felt a difference when I installed, mainly in low end throttle response.
Are You using any Programmer ?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

So would there be much of a difference between a Viper TB and TB spacer?

Quick Reply: Viper Throttle Body Dyno Sheet