Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want the AFE Hi tuck exhaust, intake and Throttle body spacer

Old 11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want the AFE Hi tuck exhaust, intake and Throttle body spacer

I was looking at getting the AFE Hi tuck exhaust, stage 2 intake and a throttle body spacer.

Anybody that has any one of these items can you please let me know whether you like them or not?

Everyone else, any thoughts or comments?

Also, I just drilled a hole in the bottom of my mirrors and I am very satisfied with my work. I can't wait to do many more mods so I can have that feeling of satisfaction when it is complete.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Honestly man for the money invested you wont see much in the power gains department. It will look good though..
Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

I completely disagree with the above post. I have the 3" aFe high tuck exhaust and am VERY happy with it. I am very picky when it comes to the quality of aftermarket parts and think this exhaust is awesome. The build quality is excellent. The exhaust comes with nice stainless clamps and fits well. There is no annoying drone and the exhaust has a nice deep tone without sounding like a Honda with a fart can on it. The best part is I really feel the power increase throughout the RPM range. The power increase is not Hemi power, but was obvious and made my Jeep more easily driveable with the 3.21 gears and 35s. I drive up a hill everyday on my way home from work. Before the exhaust I would have to downshift into 4th, now I can leave it in 5th and even accelerate! The only other "performance" mod I have is a drop in K&N in the factory air box. I was hesitant with getting the 3" exhaust since its a weak V6, but it works great. Its also one of the cheapest cat back systems out there.

I am not sold on cold air intakes as I have never had achieved any noticeable power increase with one, and have even less expectations of the throttlebody spacer.

Check out their youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9UxYfSzQA

Last edited by SH0RTBUS; 11-02-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SH0RTBUS
I completely disagree with the above post. I have the 3" aFe high tuck exhaust and am VERY happy with it. I am very picky when it comes to the quality of aftermarket parts and think this exhaust is awesome. The build quality is excellent. The exhaust comes with nice stainless clamps and fits well. There is no annoying drone and the exhaust has a nice deep tone without sounding like a Honda with a fart can on it. The best part is I really feel the power increase throughout the RPM range. The power increase is not Hemi power, but was obvious and made my Jeep more easily driveable with the 3.21 gears and 35s. I drive up a hill everyday on my way home from work. Before the exhaust I would have to downshift into 4th, now I can leave it in 5th and even accelerate! The only other "performance" mod I have is a drop in K&N in the factory air box. I was hesitant with getting the 3" exhaust since its a weak V6, but it works great. Its also one of the cheapest cat back systems out there.

I am not sold on cold air intakes as I have never had achieved any noticeable power increase with one, and have even less expectations of the throttlebody spacer.

Check out their youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9UxYfSzQA
Thank you for that info. I have seen that youtube video before and it looks pretty easy to install. Thats pretty good that you have no problems driving up that hill with the 3.21s and 35s.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm waiting on an aFe Hi-Tuck cat-back exhaust that I hope to get installed next week. I can let you know what I think after I get it installed with some photos. I'm still undecided on the CAI. I understand the concept of getting more air into the engine to produce more power, but how can you increase airflow unless you reduce air filtration? Wouldn't you also get more dirt in the engine that can damage internal parts if the filtration is decreased?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bo9roadking
I'm waiting on an aFe Hi-Tuck cat-back exhaust that I hope to get installed next week. I can let you know what I think after I get it installed with some photos. I'm still undecided on the CAI. I understand the concept of getting more air into the engine to produce more power, but how can you increase airflow unless you reduce air filtration? Wouldn't you also get more dirt in the engine that can damage internal parts if the filtration is decreased?
looking forward to your thoughts on the afe hi-tuck and for some pictures.

Quick Reply: Want the AFE Hi tuck exhaust, intake and Throttle body spacer