Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning: Front Driveshaft/Skid Plate Contact

Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning: Front Driveshaft/Skid Plate Contact

For those of you running 3" or larger suspension lifts, it may be possible for your front driveshaft to make contact with your tranny skid plate cross-member, damaging the front driveshaft boot. We had notched my skid plate with the suspension at full droop, but failed to take note of the driveshaft location when the driver's side was at full droop and the passenger side was at full compression. This was discovered after I heard a clicking noise while driving out of the woods yesterday. The clicking noise turned out to be a piece of the boot slapping the side of the transmission pan. Not a problem that would leave me stuck on the trail, but I think I have read somewhere that the boot is not considered a serviceable part, so no replacement can be ordered (I will be checking soon).
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also wondering about that.
Heres another thread we discussed this on.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...?t=3128&page=2
I dont have any issues with my lift at full drop, we checked while it was on the lift in the garage.

this is a good place to discuss this, since we kinda went way off topic on that thread.

Quick Reply: Warning: Front Driveshaft/Skid Plate Contact