Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warrior Products Mod Rack thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warrior Products Mod Rack thread

I bought this rack used for $900 and am now beginning to think it wasn’t a smart purchase. I just got off the phone with Warrior Products and they are saying they can’t advise me on how to hook my kayaks to the rack since the rack wasn’t designed to carry kayaks. Apparently kayaks are not “cargo”. So now I have this really cool looking rack which has no obvious way of me using it for the purpose that I bought it.

ive owned 2 JK’s and know a thing or two about a thing or two. Of all the mods I have bought and installed for the JK, how to mount 2 freaking kayaks is by far the most expensive and difficult endevour I’ve encountered Im completely aggravated.

i guess let the flame war begin.

Last edited by powrsurg; 03-25-2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
they can’t advise me on how to hook my kayaks to the rack since the rack wasn’t designed to carry kayaks.

ive owned 2 JK’s and know a thing or two about a thing or two.
Of course they won't advise you on HOW to mount your kayaks.

If you know a thing or two, I'd imagine you could figure how HOW to mount your kayaks yourself?
Old 03-25-2019, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jedg
Of course they won't advise you on HOW to mount your kayaks.

If you know a thing or two, I'd imagine you could figure how HOW to mount your kayaks yourself?
And there's the flame I was expecting. If I knew how to solve for this problem, I wouldn't have called them or posted here. But I'm sure you knew that. Thanks for your input. Ill let you have the last word which I'm sure is going to be just as as helpful as your last post.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't want to disappoint you. Of course they won't tell you HOW. I'm weary of folks that blame/badmouth a company for a problem of their own making. This is a problem the company created. It's not a problem with the quality of their product. It's not a problem with their customer service in terms on installing their product or warranty. I'm sure they would say the same thing if you asked them HOW to mount our luggage too. And, hey... you're the one that said you know a thing or two.

Since you're helpless, here's a couple links that might give you some ideas.

1. Purchase a couple J-bar kits and mount them to the cargo rack?

2. Just do a 'redneck' approach and simply tie them down to the rack?

3. Use a couple of these kits on your rack? - https://www.rei.com/product/662048/r...-kayak-carrier

4. Take an idea from here - https://www.google.com/search?q=jk+c...DAQsAR6BAgIEAE

Feel better now?
Old 03-25-2019, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

.....I posted how to on your last thread. Was my answer not good enough because I have a 2dr? I think it was a 14' kayak I had on there next to a 12''
Old 03-25-2019, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

I didn't want to disappoint you. Of course they won't tell you HOW. I'm weary of folks that blame/badmouth a company for a problem of their own making. This is a problem the company created. It's not a problem with the quality of their product. It's not a problem with their customer service in terms on installing their product or warranty. I'm sure they would say the same thing if you asked them HOW to mount our luggage too. And, hey... you're the one that said you know a thing or two.

3. Use a couple of these kits on your rack? - https://www.rei.com/product/662048/r...-kayak-carrier

4. Take an idea from here - https://www.google.com/search?q=jk+c...DAQsAR6BAgIEAE

Feel better now?
Frankly your weariness, is your problem. If you want to discuss that problem I suggest creating a thread about it. I however have a huge problem with a company that creates an expensive product, markets it for a specific use, and then offers no help on how to use it in that way. Thank god I only paid a few hundred bucks for this thing.

Ill take a look at the links you have provided.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Frankly.. your problem with mounting a kayak is your problem... not Warrior Products.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=jedg;4338816]

LMFAO

Ill leave that for the people willing to take chances. I prefer to do it right the first time.

I have a rack remember? If this was a viable option, I didnt need to buy a rack to use it.

Ive spent the last month looking at these options and there seems to be an opinion on here that the gutter is not strong enough to mount kayaks to. The opinion expressed on this site is to buy a rack. Well, I bought a rack.

Bless your heart and thanks for nothing.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Frankly.. your problem with mounting a kayak is your problem... not Warrior Products.
Maybe, maybe there is something to why there are absolutely no threads of this product on any of the jeep sites. Maybe its just not worth the 1800 they are charging.
Maybe you being a moderator is blinding your ability to be objective. Maybe, you're just an ass.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Wow... you are helpless.

Quick Reply: Warrior Products Mod Rack thread