Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Hi Lift jack mount is best?

Old 12-21-2017, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Hi Lift jack mount is best?

There are so many ways to mount a Hi Lift to the JKU that I am just not sure what would be best. I have both front and rear Poison Spyder Rock Brawler bumpers on my 2014 JKU. I have researched the passenger door mount, near the spare tire, on the front bumper, inside the vehicle on the roll bar, etc....

I just don't know what would be best as my Jeep is generally a somewhat rough ride. I want something that looks great but is also functional and won't harm the vehicle itself.

What do you suggest/use? I've been contemplating the PSC Rock Brawler Hi Lift mount for on top of the spare, but not sure how secure it would be.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2017, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the passenger side mount by Bolt Products and love it. Nice feature is that uses the ignition key to lock.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldHippie
I use the passenger side mount by Bolt Products and love it. Nice feature is that uses the ignition key to lock.

Do you find that it moves around a lot? Does it mar the paint at the point of contact with the Jeep body near the bottom of the mount?
Old 12-22-2017, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mounts very tightly. Comes with protective washers for the finish. It is also available for the driver's side.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Rugged Ridge tailgate mount and I really like it. It looks like it belongs there on a jeep...

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 12-22-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

In my JKUR, I mount it between the rear roll bar. Used exhaust pipe brackets and wing-nut bolts. So it's never in the weather and easy to remove and leave in the garage when I don't need it.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm partial to the Jeep Swag/ Dominion Off-Road "Dave" mount. Cheap, easy to install, and out of the way.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
I have the Rugged Ridge tailgate mount and I really like it. It looks like it belongs there on a jeep...

This is what I got a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had it off-road yet, but it seems very secure.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Grand Umpah
In my JKUR, I mount it between the rear roll bar. Used exhaust pipe brackets and wing-nut bolts. So it's never in the weather and easy to remove and leave in the garage when I don't need it.
same as me, except I used knobs off eBay, and quickfists to attach a shovel. I can’t see it in the rear view mirror, and it doesn’t rattle. I actually had to use it once on the trail a month or two ago. I had the jack out in less than five minutes, and replaced in less than five minutes. For a total of about $10, except for the quick fists, I could not have been happier.

Quick Reply: What Hi Lift jack mount is best?