Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What RU going to do about the fenders?

Old 11-16-2006, 02:54 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really do not see what is wrong with the stock fenders. I above many understand the desire to change things (I am a hopeless modaholic), but on this one, i honestly cant see anything wrong with what is there. The Bushwacker ones look nice, but they do somewhat resemble the size & width of the deck of the Enterprise. Everyone was originally bashing DC for making the JK wider and therfor somehow less trailworthy, now they want wider fenders on it too? :confused: I dun get it.

My Sahara has silver fenders, when they get to badly scarred up or just plain broke, i will likely get an aftermarket set like the Bushwackers or similar, but not because i dont like the stockers, it'd just be a matter of what is cheaper at the time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep..jpg
Views:	115
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	88052  
Old 11-16-2006, 01:38 PM
slik

Originally Posted by dougr5150
You mean like the exports? Well I guess the bumper is really coming up to the fender.

This on the imports? Wonder why they are different from the front bumpers of JKs sold in the U.S. and Canada. It does the trick though, although I would've thought bringing the fenders down to the bumpers instead of the other way around would be a cheaper, and (arguably) better solution.

Quick Reply: What RU going to do about the fenders?