Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size wheel spacers?

Old 11-27-2016, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What size wheel spacers?

So, Ive been looking into purchasing my first lift kit for my 2016 Wrangler Sport Unlimited. So far it has the stock 16 inch wheels that it came with and I just installed some VFG KO2 33s on them (32.8s) 285/75/16. I pretty sure I read somewhere on here that people needed spacers when they lifted their rig, because as it is if I turn all the way, it rubs.

My question is what size wheel spacers do i need to make a 2.5 suspension lift work? Thanks for your guys input!!
Old 11-27-2016, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

You can do 1.5" spacers or adjust steering stops depending how much rubbing you're talking.

Or properly backspaced wheels can fix the issue for the long haul.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
You can do 1.5" spacers or adjust steering stops depending how much rubbing you're talking.

Or properly backspaced wheels can fix the issue for the long haul.
Awesome that was just the answer I was looking for. Eventually when I switch to 35s, if I do, I do plan on buying some alloys that have the proper backspacing to correct this. If I decide to just adjust the steering stop as you said, I pretty much wont get the full turning that it was like when stock right? But if I buy the spacers I will?
Old 11-27-2016, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

because as it is if I turn all the way, it rubs.

My question is what size wheel spacers do i need to make a 2.5 suspension lift work?
Your tires rub now, but you want to get spacers because of a lift that is not installed yet?

You want the type with two sets of bolts, not the thin ones that sandwich in between the wheel and hub. Spidertrax is the big name in spacers/adapters. I think 1.5" is the minimum width they sell? Teraflex makes some that are 1.25", but if you read the info on them, they specifically state that you may need to trim the wheel studs. So why not just go for 1.5".

Yes, if you add washers to the steer stops, you start limiting the turning radius. And yes, if you move the tires out with spacers, you will eliminate the current rubbing. But, with the tires moved out, you might rub them on the lip of the fender flares when stuffed.

Quick Reply: What size wheel spacers?