Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

So I bought some used 2013 rubicon wheels and tires to put on my 2012 2dr Sport from a local tire place a couple months ago and they can not figure out how to get the tpsm's to work. Now that I'm getting frustrated they are offering me a deal on a set of terra grapplers. They are offering a trade for my rubi tires and in return I get nitto terra grapplers 305/70 r17(5 of them) plus a 2.5" BB, and spacers for the wheels all for $1500 installed. The problem comes... I understand that this wont fix my sensor problem, and we are building a house and I'm worried about it fitting in the garage. Would you still pull the trigger or pass?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now is the time to go with a taller garage door sense your building the house. perfect time
Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

It's really not that great of a deal, it's a wash when you break it down. Buy a procal and an air gauge and zero out your tire sensor and check your air the old fashion way.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

I just realized we are both from DSM if you havent already heard of our club we are JOCCI. We have a forum where you can pick our brains or stop by a meeting sometime. We would be glad to help with anything.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

With that combo you shouldn't have any issue with fitting through a standard 7' garage door. My JKU with 37's and 4+ inches of lift barely scraped the door seal with the soft top and had maybe 2" of clearance with the hardtop. I don't need a computer to tell me I have a flat. With large off-road tires, it's pretty obvious. You can turn off the warning with a ProCal or other programmer.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

@atch that would be awesome! I see your from Bondurant? That is actually where we are building! We will be moving in March 22.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Urictan
@atch that would be awesome! I see your from Bondurant? That is actually where we are building! We will be moving in March 22.
Which development are you guys building in?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Atch

Which development are you guys building in?
I think it's called arbor ridge? It's all the way north on deer ridge dr. It's being built be Greenland.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Atch
It's really not that great of a deal, it's a wash when you break it down. Buy a procal and an air gauge and zero out your tire sensor and check your air the old fashion way.
X2 on the procal.... And u can get and install the lift urself cheaper
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

X2 on the procal.... And u can get and install the lift urself cheaper
Well some problems with that... I am not mechanically savvy at all and I live in a downtown loft at the moment so that probably won't be happening.

Quick Reply: What would you do?