Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel well liner after cut fender flare mod??

Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel well liner after cut fender flare mod??

WHat have you all done a far as wheel well liners after you've trimmed up those flares? I have tried reusing the stock liners but the fitment is a bit jacked up. Any creative ideas out there?

Sent from my iPhone
Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ry-fender-chop About mid way it talks about how to mod the inner shield
Old 10-10-2013, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I trimmed the front liners in far enough to be flush with the steel fender and removed the rear liners completely. And painted inside black undercoating
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 AM
-

Originally Posted by familytime
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ry-fender-chop About mid way it talks about how to mod the inner shield
to me it looks like most of the inner shield is gone in the writeup.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:47 AM
-

Originally Posted by 2013Wrangler
I trimmed the front liners in far enough to be flush with the steel fender and removed the rear liners completely. And painted inside black undercoating
how did you keep it from flapping in the wind? what did you fasten it down with?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronstephen
how did you keep it from flapping in the wind? what did you fasten it down with?
It's hard to explain, but in the front i just cut it flush with body and in the front, bended and tucked the flap into a piece of existing metal on the frame/ body. For the rears, i drilled a hole thru the liner and metal frame (think it's a body mount) and just secured it with 1/2" bolt and washer. You could just use a bolt in the front too.

As for the rears, just yank them out and paint the wheel well black. There isn't anything back there to protect, and the liners actually trap more mud than just removing them.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:36 PM
-

Originally Posted by kh202
It's hard to explain, but in the front i just cut it flush with body and in the front, bended and tucked the flap into a piece of existing metal on the frame/ body. For the rears, i drilled a hole thru the liner and metal frame (think it's a body mount) and just secured it with 1/2" bolt and washer. You could just use a bolt in the front too.

As for the rears, just yank them out and paint the wheel well black. There isn't anything back there to protect, and the liners actually trap more mud than just removing them.
Yup, that is how I have mine setup. Was hoping for some other suggestions that might give it a nicer more finished look.

I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the metalcloak fender liner set
Old 10-10-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Metalcloak aluminum inner fenders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2841895649.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	504112
Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aaronstephen
At the very bottom I put one self tapping screw on each side into the body. And to keep the fender itself from flapping I used some spare industrial grade Velcro I had and stuck a few pieces in between the fender and the fender support and it has held ever since.

No flapping at highway speeds. A little bit flaps near the bottom close to the door and same with the rear fenders but nothing to major.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I trimmed it with a razor blade then drilled a hole in the bottom and zip tied it to the frame. No flapping at hwy speed

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Wheel well liner after cut fender flare mod??