Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to connect to a dash light circuit

Old 02-12-2019, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to connect to a dash light circuit

I am adding a second radio and would like to know the easiest place to connect to a dash light circuit.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by jgapril
I am adding a second radio and would like to know the easiest place to connect to a dash light circuit.
I'm interpreting this to mean that you want to wire the panel lights on your new radio to the variable intensity dash lights. If you read through this thread, it should help you figure out how to do that ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...lights-311176/

If what you meant instead was to get power to the radio that is switched with the ignition, then this is the easiest solution ...

https://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_9801.htm

BTW, since you haven't filled out your profile letting us know what you own and how it's been modified, all the above and referenced info may not apply at all to whatever you're modifying.
The following users liked this post:
Zx14 (05-08-2021)
Old 02-13-2019, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jgapril
Over on the drivers side, under the kick panel, where the plug from your door plugs in. Look in that pack of wires for the orange wire with the grey stripe, if I remember right.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdinny
Over on the drivers side, under the kick panel, where the plug from your door plugs in. Look in that pack of wires for the orange wire with the grey stripe, if I remember right.
Is there one in there thats just an ignition powered wire for manual windowed doors???
Old 01-02-2023, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct. Orange wire/grey stripe

Quick Reply: Where to connect to a dash light circuit