Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you mount your fire extinguisher?

Old 10-15-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you mount your fire extinguisher?

Where do you mount it? Pics? Which kind are you using? Thanks. Remember kids: safety first!

EDIT: Think I figured it out and am gonna go with Rugged Ridge.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=4147

Last edited by mikeyut3; 10-15-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikeyut3
Where do you mount it? Pics? Which kind are you using? Thanks. Remember kids: safety first!

I would stay away from the RR roll bar holders. I had the fire extinguisher one and the mag lite one and both fell apart after about a year of use. Spend the extra cash and go with Safari Straps holder...the materials and stitching are much stronger, especially if you run topless...
Old 10-15-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Default On the driver's seat rail

I use the DieTech OffRoad kit.

hxxp://www.dietechoffroad.com/products/jkfireextseat.htm

Works great, easy install, fastest driver accessable option (my opinion), and it's out of the way.

Only con in my opinion was I previously had a Mag light mounted there. I just moved the mag to the passenger side.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

i bought a kitchen fire extinguisher from walmart for like 20 bucks, it has a plastic mount, i just zip tied it to my back roll bar. its bee good for 2 years now... and i've hit it loading stuff in the back, and wheeled rocky tarrain. never had a problem.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmat1980
I would stay away from the RR roll bar holders. I had the fire extinguisher one and the mag lite one and both fell apart after about a year of use. Spend the extra cash and go with Safari Straps holder...the materials and stitching are much stronger, especially if you run topless...
Hmm...thanks for the input. I will look at Safri Straps...didnt even know about them.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Hmm...thanks for the input. I will look at Safri Straps...didnt even know about them.
Ya, I like most of RR stuff, but these were just cheap...

There is a huge diff with the safari straps, I just wish I ordered the mag light holder with the safari straps fire ext holder to save on shipping...now my mag light holder is ripping at the seems
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running 2x of the Halguard liquid/gas extinguishers and have a spare dry chemical one for non-vehicle fires under the seat. Simple hose clamps on the upper rollbar in the backseat. I like them there better, more easily accessed than on the back angle rollbars. They don't budge either. Velcro is weak.

Originally Posted by bareass
i bought a kitchen fire extinguisher from walmart for like 20 bucks, it has a plastic mount, i just zip tied it to my back roll bar. its bee good for 2 years now... and i've hit it loading stuff in the back, and wheeled rocky tarrain. never had a problem.
Honestly I wouldn't expect that to put out a camp fire, let alone a smoldering Jeep with uber sensitive electronics... False sense of security if you ask me. Dry chemical extinguishers are the devil when it comes to car fires. I'd rather spend $250 on 2x extinguishers and have a fighting chance at saving my rig then go cheap-o.

Last edited by aermotor; 10-15-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Whatever mount you go with, make sure you trust it to survive a 50 to 0 mph sudden stop. A fire extinguisher en route to your head @ 50mph is a very bad thing. A good fire extinguisher mount imo is one that is secure, yet easily accessible.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Got an automtive kiddle extinguisher from Harbor Freight for under $20. Did two small holes in the tailgate, plugged with black silicone then zipped in the holder with sheet metal screws. Should probly get a pic of that now that I'm thinking about cuz it looks good!...
Old 10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should google "cold fire" extinguishers. Really top notch !

Quick Reply: Where do you mount your fire extinguisher?