Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the most complete 2" lift under $700 ?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has the most complete 2" lift under $700 ?

I don't know anything about lifts so I'll get that out of the way first.

I hear great things about the OME 2" lift but when I look at others that offer more stuff like sway bars, trac bar adjustment, etc. I get confused to what I should get in a lift kit package.

What do I really need to look for in a coil spring kit ? Dont want a BB kit as I don't like the fact coil spring spacers are against the law in Michigan.

Thanks - 2008 Sahara 4-door all stock for now.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Remington19

I hear great things about the OME 2" lift but when I look at others that offer more stuff like sway bars, trac bar adjustment, etc. I get confused to what I should get in a lift kit package.

What do I really need to look for in a coil spring kit ? Dont want a BB kit as I don't like the fact coil spring spacers are against the law in Michigan.

Take a look at the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift kit with shocks or extensions, comes complete with everything you need for 700$. I went with new shocks because the stock sahara shocks were garbage anyway, and I love the kit.

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-1251000

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-1251000

Last edited by Bosox5; 01-05-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does 700 include installation or are you going to do it yourself?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends what you want to do. OME with your choice of springs (heavy or light) and Nitrocharger shocks is somewhere around that price. Easy install since you are just replacing the coils and shocks. Lifts 2+" and it rides way better than stock. You might get another kit with more parts but I doubt you will find a better quality 2" lift.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

How much 'actual' lift height do you want? OME has quite a few different coils for the JK, and as far as I know, none of them actually give 2". The HD's will put your 4door up in the 3-3.5" range, the +40s will get you somewhere in the 4-4.5" range. Sound good? The lights and mediums will be somewhere under 3, but they sag, so may not be the best choice if you plan on adding some weight.

Open the FAQ's stickied to the top of this modified area and read the suspension section for some info on suggested components for various lift heights. Then do a little research and figure out what each of the components does. And then...start looking at specific lifts so you have some kind of a clue which components 'you' will want.

My opinion: Over 3", get longer links, axle centering, some form of caster correction, bump stops, brake line brackets, etc. Just depends on the lift height you end up at and how incomplete of a lift you can live with...
Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, this is a DD for now as its my wifes rig for a while. Not planning on adding anything but a lift and larger tires.

Like I said no experience with lift so dont understand the trac bar relo bracket, drop pitman arm, transfer case lowering, etc. Is all of this necessary to do with a 2 or 2.5 inch lift ?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, this is a DD for now as its my wifes rig for a while. Not planning on adding anything but a lift and larger tires.

Like I said no experience with lift so dont understand the trac bar relo bracket, drop pitman arm, transfer case lowering, etc. Is all of this necessary to do with a 2 or 2.5 inch lift ?
You shouldn't have to worry about a drop pitman arm or lowering the tc with a lift around that height. Since your axle will shift to one direction a bit as you go up, the track bar bracket will push it back down to re-center it. I know you said you're not going the bb route, but my TF bb kit came with one of the relocating brackets for the rear and it worked out fine. Wouldn't recommend a bracket for the front though as I've heard of guys easily breaking them. You're better off getting an adjustable track bar like the JKS or something similar.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

I run a 3.5 Rusty's lift and really like it for under $700, but in your case I would look at the Teraflex 2.5 BB....get some good shocks and call it done. Install is straight forward and Teraflex has great customer service.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

2.5" suspension lift from roughcountry.com for $350. Includes new coils and shocks, Beat that......
Old 01-06-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jennekin
2.5" suspension lift from roughcountry.com for $350. Includes new coils and shocks, Beat that......
That's very reasonable. In fact, it compares well against the setup I have just dinking around picking things up here and there:

$0 used OEM Rubi Unlimited rear springs
$80 1/2" TF rear coil spacer from Northridge
$80 new OEM #18 front springs
$50 used 1" TF front coil spacers
$220 used 1000 miles OME Nitro shocks

That stuff netted me +2.25" in front, 1.25" in the rear. I have JKS QD's, too, and some sort of longer swaybar links needs to be added to the RC kit as well.

Quick Reply: Who has the most complete 2" lift under $700 ?