Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new headers

Old 06-12-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new headers

So i wanna get new headers but need some imput. So jk owners whats the best and why. Thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bastard431
So i wanna get new headers but need some imput. So jk owners whats the best and why. Thanks
save money for more useful offroad stuff!!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jcrcan25

Thanks for the info but Knott everything done for my offroad use i want but would like new headers
Old 06-13-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=bastard431;2345546]Thanks for the info but Knott everything done for my offroad use i want but would like new headers[/QUOT

ok...in my opinion they are not worth anything ... the way the 3.8 is....you wont get much performance gains
Old 06-13-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

OK here is what I know, the stock header crack if you go in almost any deep water. Now I have known people to weld them back up but that's is only a temporaray fix. If you have money I would say go with the Banks headers, why I have no real reason for it they are what I want but I plan on going with the whole Banks set up from headers to cold air intake to exhaust. That's my 2 cents
Old 06-13-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Also my driver side header is cracked as we speak, and I haven't been in any deep water what so ever.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Ripp long tube?

Don't have them but they have the most significant gains on any of the headers... but they also are very spendy!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bastard431
Been reading up on this and please save yourself a huge headache and from doing the wrong thing. Just stick with factory manifolds. Everything else will melt your wires especially #4. I wanted to do the same thing but my understanding the new manifolds are not as prone to cracking like the older versions. Don't believe me do a google search and you will find out for yourself.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcrcan25
Headers can be an excellent way to increase horse power. I have always installed Doug Thorley header but I don’t have them on my jeep. They have always built a strong product with good horse power. I was wondering the same thing. Good question.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default new headers

I have taken my Rugged Ridge headers off and bought standard headers again. The drivers side can`t be insulated enough to protect plugwires. Mine was insulated three extra ways more than the RR way and I replaced plugwires 4 times in 2 weeks. every time when standing still while hot it burns wires in less than 5 minutes.

Only way to fabricate headers is to move cat boxes lower or remove them and have headers made that goes down directly from the flange and not up first before turning down. The header pipes need to stay away from plugwires.

I have removed the cat boxes, fit a cold air intake, freeflow exhaust and a powerchip and have 136hp on the dyno with 37`s and auto box. My motor is also worn out. Busy fitting a new subassembly and should have even more power.

Quick Reply: new headers