JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Who's running quick disconnects on Rubicon? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/whos-running-quick-disconnects-rubicon-334829/)

djlarroc 06-22-2016 12:30 PM

Who's running quick disconnects on Rubicon?

I need to replace the links on my jeep, and was wondering if I should just buy quick discos for the front of my JKUR.

Who is running them on a properly working E-disco? And is it even a good ideal to run quick discos on a functioning E-disco, or wait until it goes bad? I could just buy new solid links in that case, but would hate to have my E-disco go out soon after and have to deal with this again. TIA.

MacRubi2 06-22-2016 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by djlarroc (Post 4226614)
I need to replace the links on my jeep, and was wondering if I should just buy quick discos for the front of my JKUR.

Who is running them on a properly working E-disco? And is it even a good ideal to run quick discos on a functioning E-disco, or wait until it goes bad? I could just buy new solid links in that case, but would hate to have my E-disco go out soon after and have to deal with this again. TIA.

There is no reason to run disconnects if the e-disco is operating properly

I guess you could still have them on if the e-disco went south on you then you would still be able to disconnect the links

jchappies 06-22-2016 03:04 PM

I run quick disconnects on mine. I like the option to disconnect on easier trail where I don't need 4 wheel drive but want the comfort they provide on bumpy fire roads

jadmt 06-22-2016 05:17 PM

I run jks flex links with quick disco's on my jkur. I like being able to pull them. I know people say that you don't get any more flex with discos vs the rubicon elec disco but I think you do and I like running fast washboard roads faster than what the elect ones will stay disconnected as well as in 2wd
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...psjsuyzwqx.jpg

jedg 06-22-2016 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by djlarroc (Post 4226614)

Lots of folks run quick disconnects with their JKUR e-disco, so that's certainly an option. I think many do it so they don't have the computer limiting when they can be disconnected.

I also converted my e-disco to manual using the conversion from EVO and run regular links (for my lift height). Mainly because I don't have to deal with the trouble of trying to get the links reconnected, rather I turn a knob and I'm either connected or disconnected. This also means I can run disconnected in whatever mode (2WD, 4HI, 4LO).

(none) 06-23-2016 05:06 AM

Thought of doing this as well. I'd like to disconnect for going above 15 mph on dirt roads and such.

kjeeper10 06-23-2016 09:35 AM

I do screw the e-disco

jordy 06-23-2016 11:55 AM

I'm running the factory electronic garbage until it breaks and then I'll go with the Currie anti-rock and forget about it. I don't see the factory setup limiting anything if it is setup properly, and even if it wasn't, you're going to be missing 1/2 an inch? Not worth messing with in my mind.

MacRubi2 06-23-2016 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by jordy (Post 4226906)
I'm running the factory electronic garbage until it breaks and then I'll go with the Currie anti-rock and forget about it. I don't see the factory setup limiting anything if it is setup properly, and even if it wasn't, you're going to be missing 1/2 an inch? Not worth messing with in my mind.

Bingo.....👊

djlarroc 06-23-2016 02:09 PM

Good info guys, thanks!!

I have also been looking at the EVO knob. It's $89 + $30 for new links = $129, vs $131 for JKS Quick Discos. :dontknow2:

I need new links either way. The one on the driver's side is bad. Rattles over every bump.