Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrangler jk unlimited 2008 grinding

Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrangler jk unlimited 2008 grinding

Hi, I am new here, and have searched hi and low for a solution to my issue with my jeep. I have installed a 3" Full Traction lift kit on my Jeep. The kit came with new shocks, springs,the relocation brackets and wheel spacers. Ever since I have installed the lift, when I am taking a sharp turn at a high speed, my ABS/ESP lights will come on and the grinding noise will start making it hard to turn or drive. I have aligned the steering wheel as well to make sure all is good there as well. I am running 33" tires on my Jeep right now. The steering on my jeep is always pulling and I have had it aligned multiple times to make sure that was not the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas R.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like the issue is from the centering of your steering. Did you use something like the AEV procal? The ESP light and grinding with difficult steering is the computer applying your abs to mitigate what it feels is a traction/stability issue. I would start here. I am sure others will chime in here too. Good luck.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Hmmm. I too have noticed the same grind/pull when getting off the same highway exit (its a fast right turn). I have a TF leveling kit with 33s and used the AEV ProCal to calibrate my speedo. First time it happened I think my ESP light went off. I am in the process of trying to replicate it so I'll chime in if I discover more.

Quick Reply: Wrangler jk unlimited 2008 grinding