Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your experiences with VKS and EVO rock sliders?

Old 10-26-2016, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: 2nd star to the right, and straight on 'til morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your experiences with VKS and EVO rock sliders?

I am thinking very seriously about weld on frame mounted rock sliders before I get rocker damage.

I like the looks of the high angle EVO sliders with the body protective skins.
They have a "Sliders and Skins" package available at Northridge.
Looks pretty enticing.

The VKS looks to be a pretty stout product as well.

anyone have any input pro/con on these products?
Is one better than the other?

Thanks in advance,

NoQuarter#121
Old 10-26-2016, 05:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been running the Evo rails that weld to the frame for about 3 yrs. without any issues. During that span we've run the rubicon, Moab a few times and JK Experience East Coast trip. They've held up well with nothing more than a minor dent in one of the rails.

We folded a smitty bilt set of bolt on rails damaging the body. So we went with Evo skins as well. I don't know much about the VKS but they look identical.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Evo has been involved with this forum for a while so you'll find more info on them. Vick runs/ owns/ is VKS Fab. He has quite a bit more recognition on JK Owners though he is now a sponsor here.

Vick is also currently having a sale.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my VKS sliders. They are stout. My jeep is trailer and trail only, it gets wheeled hard and the sliders have been great. Frame mount sliders are the only way to go.

I picked them up for $295 shipped last year on black friday, I would expect them to go on sale this year for the same deal.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:17 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the EVO aluminum skins and the VKS sliders (but the pre-runner versions). You really can't go wrong with either one just as long as it's frame mounted....

....and the only reason I'm running skins is because they are being used to cover up some tub damage I got running the ACE body-mount sliders previously on the Rubicon trail.

Last edited by DJ1; 10-26-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

I run the VKS prerunner sliders because I wanted a step at the time. Both EVO and VKS sliders are made of the same material, so I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Just depends on your personal preference. While they are probably the best sliders you can get, I have seen them both flex enough to get into the lower side of the tub on hard hit but not enough to cause too much damage.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:29 AM
JK Junkie

VKS prerunners. Vicks work is 2nd to none.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-868800412.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	523.4 KB
ID:	659726  

Last edited by kjeeper10; 10-27-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:49 AM
VKS
Forum Sponsor

Thanks for the consideration. They're in stock and ready to ship. We also have a sale going on, use code "spooky" at checkout for a killer deal.

The quality and craftsmanship we put out is second to none. You will not be disappointed.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been very happy with my VKS sliders, I run them with Poison Spyder skins to cover prior tub damage from tub mounted sliders. I live 6 miles from Evo's shop, but to be honest your $$ will go alot further with VKS with a equal quality product.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Evo has been involved with this forum for a while so you'll find more info on them. Vick runs/ owns/ is VKS Fab. He has quite a bit more recognition on JK Owners though he is now a sponsor here. Vick is also currently having a sale.
I'd say that's a fair assessment. I do run other VKS product like my 14 bolt tone rings. 👍

Quick Reply: Your experiences with VKS and EVO rock sliders?