Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

CT shop or generous members /clubs?

Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey fishrising! See you're over here too (I relplied to your intro thread on jkfreaks as well).

Clayton is here in CT, like other's have said, CT axle as Rick pointed out. Clayton did my original set of gears and did a great job at a very fair shop price.

If you want to take a drive up to Torrington, I'd be more than happy to help you out with anything you need, and show you everything you need to know along the way.

There's a good crew of people in CT who know their way around the JK's, top to bottom, gears/welding/fab, you name it. Feel free to PM me if you want.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tiki Dave
There's a new club just starting up called ECOJOCS (ecojocs.org) They are based out of the Windsor area. Great group of guys. A lot of them just starting to build their Jeeps as well.
There's a monthly club meeting this Sunday at noon. I'll find out the location and post it here.
Ok I said i would post the information about ECOJOCS monthly meeting.....this Sunday the 12th at noon in the back room at Union Street Tavern - 20 Union St, Windsor, CT 06095.
Come check us out and see what we are all about....open membership starts so seriously come and meet everyone.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tiki Dave
Ok I said i would post the information about ECOJOCS monthly meeting.....this Sunday the 12th at noon in the back room at Union Street Tavern - 20 Union St, Windsor, CT 06095.
Come check us out and see what we are all about....open membership starts so seriously come and meet everyone.
Wow popular place for Jeepers! There is another meet and greet there the day before on Saturday the 11th at 2.

I had never heard of the place until these M&Gs.

Rick.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Of course...I can't make either M&G due to kids' activities, but I'll keep my eyes open for future ones!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gossamer

CT Axle out of Ellington, CT. Guys name is Pete Hany, he just did my front and rear 4.88 install with lockers.

Rick
Me too! Pete does awesome work and for a fair price.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TJM12
Me too! Pete does awesome work and for a fair price.

Way fair price!!! And quick turn around!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My go-to installer in CT is Justin Magner at Briggs Tire in Norwalk. He knows his stuff and great prices.

He's got a JKU rolling on 40s!!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

Smith's Equipment Sales in North Franklin, CT, anyone know of them? Any good? Sounds like a snow plow shop that also does Jeep work.

Snow Plow Sales North Franklin, CT - Smith Equipment Sales
Old 01-09-2014, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Offroad_Elements
My go-to installer in CT is Justin Magner at Briggs Tire in Norwalk. He knows his stuff and great prices.

He's got a JKU rolling on 40s!!
Jae is a good dude!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroad_Elements

He's got a broken JKU limping on 40s!!
FIFY

All joking aside, Jae's good, he's just a haul for some. I would def reccomend him to anyone in the southwest corner.

Quick Reply: CT shop or generous members /clubs?