Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

左様 from Okinawa Japan....

Old 04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About offroading here...

wow.. didn't keep up with the updates...
First, I am in Okinawa.. a VERY SMALL island south of Japan. I am closer to Taiwan than mainland Japan.
Second, as for offroading... There used to be a lot of great trails around here. Unfortunately, a lot of them have been chained because of a lot of military guys going out there and just tearing the shit out of them. The ones that are still open have been rutted extensively because of the same people tearing the shit out of them. So, no, there is not a lot of good trails left here. Mainland Japan has a lot of trails though.
Yes, you can buy a right hand drive jeep here in Japan. However, I am an American, and I do not know where my next job will take me so I bought a Left Hand drive and had it shipped. It was cheaper than buying a RH drive here in Japan.
I have some photos posted. I will try to get some video soon.
If anyone has some ideas for shipping parts out, or if anyone is willing to recive parts for me and break them down to smaller bits so they will fit in the mail, please let me know... I can only recive USPS no UPS or FEDEX.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

WELCOME TO A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT..
Old 04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey welcome This site is the epitome of A Jeep Thing. but one quick question, how much is gas and the cost of living over there? here gas is just goin up and up and alot of forclosures in the paper just wondering Nice Jeep!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Junkie

welcome.......
Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bienvenido y que disfrutes!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
hey welcome This site is the epitome of A Jeep Thing. but one quick question, how much is gas and the cost of living over there? here gas is just goin up and up and alot of forclosures in the paper just wondering Nice Jeep!

It's running about the equivilant of $5 a gallon. and the JK loves the taste of it.

Anyone have any ideas on getting lift, rims and tires out here?

Quick Reply: 左様 from Okinawa Japan....