Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

American Expat saying hello from England! Dream Realized, Big Bear on the way!

Old 04-24-2017, 02:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool American Expat saying hello from England! Dream Realized, Big Bear on the way!

Hey folks! Good to finally pull the trigger and join the club! I am a US servicemember living over in England who just pulled the trigger on a 17 JKU Big Bear! I really wanted to get a used JKU to save some money but finding one that can come home with me eventually is a real pain, almost as painful as learning I couldn't get a diesel off the Euro market and bring it stateside. Opted for a hardtop, LED group, and 3.73 gearing on top of the options the Big Bear adds already.

Wanted a Jeep since before I could even drive and spent a lot of time on ATVs and side by sides as a kid. Finished up 3 years in Japan last Jan and moved to England. With a recent tasking, I have been able to finally pull the trigger on my dream and "Eliza" (smashing) should be waiting for me when I get back in July! Looking forward to getting some knowledge from everyone, I plan on building up the Jeep for Overlanding while in Europe and an eventual N and S American road trip when I make it back to the states and out of the Air Force. Who knows If I can manage it I would love to "Vanlife" the hell out of it when I get out for a while.

Steps one and two when it comes in will be peeling the hood decal off with a heat gun (not a fan) and painting the interior of the hard top black (shocks me this isn't normal) but after that I have about 6k for week one modification so look forward to the build thread kicking off with a pretty wild bang! I also consider myself at the very least a decent photographer so I suppose you guys can look forward to seeing a Jeep in some of our favorite scenes across the Highlands, Alps, and Dolomites! If you are out here in Europe, a Vet, or are also building an overland JK please say hello and point me to some good build threads or if your local let's try and line up getting a pint when I get back!
Old 05-03-2017, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for your service. Ret AF as well. Have fun building your rig. Gimme a shout when you get back. Be great to share a pint
Old 05-03-2017, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MTNBKR
Thanks for your service. Ret AF as well. Have fun building your rig. Gimme a shout when you get back. Be great to share a pint

Will do for sure! Actually from Ohio, Athens area so won't be to hard!

Quick Reply: American Expat saying hello from England! Dream Realized, Big Bear on the way!