JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The New Member Registry (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/)
-   -   Central Sunshine State - Livin the dream (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/central-sunshine-state-livin-dream-349290/)

GeekyTechyCool 02-07-2019 05:08 PM

Central Sunshine State - Livin the dream

Hey folks, name is Josh and I live in Dunedin FL (Tampa area)

I'm an XJ guy, have been for years but we're finally in a position to afford the jump to a JK, plus we live here now so...having that open top and doors off really has it's advantages. I had honestly planned on buying and building another XJ, going chop top, making an XJ version of he JKU basically. That's when the wife spoke up and said why don't you just get the JKU Rubi you've been drooling over and be done with it :-O

I'm joining up to do some research before our big purchase in a few months, to get acquainted with the common subject matter, and maybe make a few friends along the way.

Thanks for keeping the community rollin.

nthinuf 02-07-2019 05:57 PM

Welcome. There are many years worth of info on JK's to browse through here. In addition to the Tech sections, since it sounds like you are a DIY kinda guy, there is a section for member written how-to's on various install/repair topics. And if you are looking at a lift and tires but not quite sure where you want to end up, there are some huge picture threads dedicated to various height/tire size/body color combos to look through to maybe get a few ideas. Pretty much anything JK related can be found here, somewhere, with a little digging.

GeekyTechyCool 03-07-2019 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by nthinuf (Post 4335780)
Welcome. There are many years worth of info on JK's to browse through here. In addition to the Tech sections, since it sounds like you are a DIY kinda guy, there is a section for member written how-to's on various install/repair topics. And if you are looking at a lift and tires but not quite sure where you want to end up, there are some huge picture threads dedicated to various height/tire size/body color combos to look through to maybe get a few ideas. Pretty much anything JK related can be found here, somewhere, with a little digging.

Thanks for the welcome.

I've got an overall plan with the JKU, more of n "Overland" style vehicle with an adventure trailer towed behind. I'll be keeping the stock axles but strengthening them where they need it and run 35s or lighter 37s depending on a few factors. I plan to take this jeep and my family all across the country with a goal to get back to Moab. I've been once with my father and it was an incredible experience, can't wait to share that with my boys.

jedg 03-13-2019 07:05 AM

Welcome to JK Forum. There's quite a few threads on the Overland building philosophy on here... have at it!

GeekyTechyCool 03-13-2019 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4337981)
Welcome to JK Forum. There's quite a few threads on the Overland building philosophy on here... have at it!

Wealth of knowledge here, thank you for the welcome.

GeekyTechyCool 03-18-2019 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I own a JKU Rubi!!

Attachment 678091

Attachment 678092

Just finished putting new fluid in the transmission and t-case, axles are next.

Had to replace a T-Stat housing the day after bringing it home...lol