Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Central Sunshine State - Livin the dream

Old 02-07-2019, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Central Sunshine State - Livin the dream

Hey folks, name is Josh and I live in Dunedin FL (Tampa area)

I'm an XJ guy, have been for years but we're finally in a position to afford the jump to a JK, plus we live here now so...having that open top and doors off really has it's advantages. I had honestly planned on buying and building another XJ, going chop top, making an XJ version of he JKU basically. That's when the wife spoke up and said why don't you just get the JKU Rubi you've been drooling over and be done with it :-O

I'm joining up to do some research before our big purchase in a few months, to get acquainted with the common subject matter, and maybe make a few friends along the way.

Thanks for keeping the community rollin.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Welcome. There are many years worth of info on JK's to browse through here. In addition to the Tech sections, since it sounds like you are a DIY kinda guy, there is a section for member written how-to's on various install/repair topics. And if you are looking at a lift and tires but not quite sure where you want to end up, there are some huge picture threads dedicated to various height/tire size/body color combos to look through to maybe get a few ideas. Pretty much anything JK related can be found here, somewhere, with a little digging.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Welcome. There are many years worth of info on JK's to browse through here. In addition to the Tech sections, since it sounds like you are a DIY kinda guy, there is a section for member written how-to's on various install/repair topics. And if you are looking at a lift and tires but not quite sure where you want to end up, there are some huge picture threads dedicated to various height/tire size/body color combos to look through to maybe get a few ideas. Pretty much anything JK related can be found here, somewhere, with a little digging.
Thanks for the welcome.

I've got an overall plan with the JKU, more of n "Overland" style vehicle with an adventure trailer towed behind. I'll be keeping the stock axles but strengthening them where they need it and run 35s or lighter 37s depending on a few factors. I plan to take this jeep and my family all across the country with a goal to get back to Moab. I've been once with my father and it was an incredible experience, can't wait to share that with my boys.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. There's quite a few threads on the Overland building philosophy on here... have at it!
Old 03-13-2019, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Welcome to JK Forum. There's quite a few threads on the Overland building philosophy on here... have at it!
Wealth of knowledge here, thank you for the welcome.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

I own a JKU Rubi!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	S8se49ch.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	678091

Click image for larger version

Name:	bft0g8Gh.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	678092

Just finished putting new fluid in the transmission and t-case, axles are next.

Had to replace a T-Stat housing the day after bringing it home...lol