Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Child lock broke, stuck on...

Old 04-13-2019, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child lock broke, stuck on...

My driver side child lock is stuck in the ON position and i cannot turn it off as the piece in the door is broken, any idea on how to disable the child lock without that little turn piece?!?!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:23 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Have you made any headway on this issue? Why is it, without looking at it, do I fear the child safety lock would be part of the actual latch mechanism, and probably not a cheap fix?? You're saying that when you turn the child safety switch, there's no change in functionality, or are you saying you physically can't turn the switch?

Free bump to the top.....
Old 04-15-2019, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

Checked my parts illustrations, it appears to me that it is integrated in the latch itself; the illustrations do not show or indicate a separate part for the child lock.
The info I have indicates the latch list price is $128. Suggest get with a dealership parts dept and check the factory parts illustrations; they will require your VIN to lookup.

Quick Reply: Child lock broke, stuck on...