Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Cross County JKU

Old 08-28-2015, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross County JKU

I've been lurking for a while but thought I should post up. I've got an 08 JKU Sahara. My third Jeep. I got it in January and all I've done are some rims and tires because I've been putting money into a little tent trailer and new camping equipment. I'm pulling my son out of school and going camping from Ontario through to South Dakota, up to Alberta, BC, down to Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, Texas and back to Ontario and all points in between for September and October.
The trailer weighs 450 lbs, isn't an expedition rig or anything and I won't be doing any hardcore wheeling as I need to be able to get home. However, if anybody is on route and knows some places my 10-year-old son and I shouldn't miss, let me know.
Scott
Old 08-28-2015, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Manual or auto? You may want to consider a trans cooler with pulling that trailer with an auto. It's just good insurance.

Take plenty of pictures and enjoy the ride!
Old 08-28-2015, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, its an auto and there are mountains. With the weight of it, its like having 2 guys in the back seat but its still good insurance.

Quick Reply: Cross County JKU