JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The New Member Registry (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/)
-   -   Finally legit (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/finally-legit-323201/)

cjeremy74 06-22-2015 07:54 PM

Finally legit

1 Attachment(s)
Have been a lurker and window shopper off and on for a LONG time... finally pulled the trigger on a Anvil JKU Willy's. Bought it off of the truck so I could not take it home Saturday when they took all my $ :sad2: since they had to run it through the service dept. Waited 2 long days and picked it up today on during lunch.

62 miles and getting used to the unrefined, non-automatic, no-power lock/window "character" and lovin' it so far :thumbsup: .

Have started the mod list with some basic things and want to start with some simple trails to get it dirty. Have zero off road experience, some mechanical ability, basic wrenching experience so we will see how this journey unfolds.

Looking forward to it!

Jeremy.
Attachment 615674

DunnyBunny 06-22-2015 08:11 PM

Awesome welcome to the forum.

Brigitta2 06-22-2015 09:29 PM

Nice Willy's! I noticed you mentioned zero off road experience, I'd look into joining a local 4x4 club. They'll offer you a lot opportunity and experiences. Not sure if there are any JK specific groups in your area, but check here for something local.
DNR: Indiana Off-Road Organizations
Happy Trails!

cjeremy74 06-23-2015 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Brigitta2 (Post 4114270)
Nice Willy's! I noticed you mentioned zero off road experience, I'd look into joining a local 4x4 club. They'll offer you a lot opportunity and experiences. Not sure if there are any JK specific groups in your area, but check here for something local.
DNR: Indiana Off-Road Organizations
Happy Trails!

Hey - thanks for the link... didn't even thing of checking out DNR! There is much more than I would have expected on there. Doesn't matter to me if they are JK specific or not - just noob-friendly.

I am actually the 3th new JK at work in the last 3-4 months... so hoping we have an informal group starting. Beyond that - I was looking at doing a Jeep Jamboree in the late summer. Have a buddy who attended one years ago. He had a great time, learned a ton and had no experience either. Will definitely check out some of the clubs sooner rather than later - see if i can find a fit. Thanks again.

Brigitta2 06-24-2015 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by cjeremy74 (Post 4114640)
Hey - thanks for the link... didn't even thing of checking out DNR! There is much more than I would have expected on there. Doesn't matter to me if they are JK specific or not - just noob-friendly.

I am actually the 3th new JK at work in the last 3-4 months... so hoping we have an informal group starting. Beyond that - I was looking at doing a Jeep Jamboree in the late summer. Have a buddy who attended one years ago. He had a great time, learned a ton and had no experience either. Will definitely check out some of the clubs sooner rather than later - see if i can find a fit. Thanks again.

Ha ha ha, sounds like you already have enough members to start a club! Clubs offer a lot, hubby and I started 4 wheeling together 34 years ago, joined our first club 28 years ago. Despite moving away about 500 miles from there 23 years ago we still keep in touch, and get together for some 4wheeling trips some where in between us. We've met so many great folks over the years who we have stayed friends with. We attend certain organized events each year to see some folks we met at that event years earlier and still attend. We are also members of a local club in our area, and associate members of a couple clubs in other states that we do a lot of 4wheeling in.

Clubs also offer opportunities for trail maintainance through adopt a trail programs, many do toy drives, many participate in politics to fight to keep our trails open, some raise money for scholarships for kids, clean up illegal dumping areas....Clubs help keep trails open and serve their community.

Happy trails!

DesiB.JKU 08-19-2015 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Brigitta2 (Post 4114675)
Ha ha ha, sounds like you already have enough members to start a club! Clubs offer a lot, hubby and I started 4 wheeling together 34 years ago, joined our first club 28 years ago. Despite moving away about 500 miles from there 23 years ago we still keep in touch, and get together for some 4wheeling trips some where in between us. We've met so many great folks over the years who we have stayed friends with. We attend certain organized events each year to see some folks we met at that event years earlier and still attend. We are also members of a local club in our area, and associate members of a couple clubs in other states that we do a lot of 4wheeling in.

Clubs also offer opportunities for trail maintainance through adopt a trail programs, many do toy drives, many participate in politics to fight to keep our trails open, some raise money for scholarships for kids, clean up illegal dumping areas....Clubs help keep trails open and serve their community.

Happy trails!

If you have not found a club to join yet. Check out Indy Jeep Junkies. We are a very active group, and don't have to live in Indy to become a member. I live 2.5 hours north and I am still an active member in the group. We get together a few times a month (nothing mandatory) and go wheel at least once a month. If you are interested message me I'd be happy to give you more details!