Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from New Mexico

Old 02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hello from New Mexico

My name is Mike and I am a new JK owner in Clovis, NM. Last week I purchased a 2010 4 door Sport in Flame Red with a soft top.

I am also a Amateur Radio operator and Skywarn Spotter. My First addition to the jeep should be coming in this week, a dual antenna mount from Arizona Rocky Road. I will be mounting my ATAS-120 and my Comet CA-2x4SR on it. On board I will have my Yaesu FT-857 for VHF/UHF/HF communications and also my GE-MVS for APRS.

I have browsed through the forum and am still trying to find a good mounting spot for the two radios. I do have a seperation kit for the 857 and will be mounting the faceplate on the dash using a lo-boy mount from ProFit. I just need to find a safe out of the way place to install the radio itself.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome to the forum

As for mounting the radio's, there's lots of different ideas floating around, glovebox, center console, overhead, in conjunction with an aftermarket stereo system. I'm sure you'll get some good ideas if you keep looking. Make sure you look in the "CB & HAM radio's" section.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Hello from New Mexico