JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The New Member Registry (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/)
-   -   Hello from NorCal (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/hello-norcal-295413/)

JKTHOMPS 01-28-2014 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone! Long time follower of JKF but not much of a poster. Thought I would change that this year and say hello.

I do a ton of offroading in Northern California and get out with quite a few jeepers. Loving the JK specific forum for sure.

I like to post offroad videos to youtube when I have the time. Feel free to check them out under jkthomps. The most I have spent on my videos is 30min (not counting the download time) hoping to get more creative this year... my wife got me more equipment this year so hopefully some of us will make some sweet videos. Here is an example... I am just getting into it, so I will get better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7afLWDzuP0&feature=youtube_gdata_player Oh and we have a new born (well 4 months old now) so I will have a navigator in a few years ;).

Hope to make more jeep friends and share adventures. I will do a build thread soon.

Cheers,

Jim

Attachment 527167

D3ADLY 01-28-2014 07:28 PM

Sweet video Jim! If I may make a recommendation, get different angles of video so when you make more, you can switch up the views more often! I subscribed to you on youtube.

That looks like a place I wish I could wheel at. I'm so jealous. Wish I lived in Cali! Always wanted to live there most my life, but I ended up meeting a girl in Pittsburgh and she's stuck here since her and her exhusband have joint custody of her two boys. She can't really move anywhere. :gak:

rdavi 01-28-2014 07:36 PM

Where in nor cal?

JKTHOMPS 01-28-2014 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by D3ADLY (Post 3822265)
Sweet video Jim! If I may make a recommendation, get different angles of video so when you make more, you can switch up the views more often! I subscribed to you on youtube.

That looks like a place I wish I could wheel at. I'm so jealous. Wish I lived in Cali! Always wanted to live there most my life, but I ended up meeting a girl in Pittsburgh and she's stuck here since her and her exhusband have joint custody of her two boys. She can't really move anywhere. :gak:

If you ever make it out west let me know and we will get out on some fun trails. I will definitely take your advice on the filming and try to make some quality videos this year. Should have some sweet videos mid Feb so let me know what you think of them. I am heading to The King of the Hammers in SoCal next week... if you get a chance to check it out on youtube or google it, you will see some sweet rigs and trails.

Thanks for the advice and welcome!

JKTHOMPS 01-28-2014 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by rdavi (Post 3822269)
Where in nor cal?

East Bay - Concord/Pleasant Hill.

rdavi 01-29-2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by JKTHOMPS (Post 3822337)
East Bay - Concord/Pleasant Hill.

Great! I live Oakland what trails do you hit? I can't seem to find any closer then Hollister Hills

nik81818 01-29-2014 07:29 PM

There's sum of us going to hollister saturday if anyone wants to go

Sent From FBI Listening Van

JKTHOMPS 01-29-2014 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by rdavi (Post 3823174)

Great! I live Oakland what trails do you hit? I can't seem to find any closer then Hollister Hills

Yeah being in the bay area means lots of pavement pounding to get out. I go all over though - cow mt, knoxville, hollister, slickrock, rubicon, deer valley, prairie city and more.

Let me know if you want to get out. I am heading to KoH in SoCal next week so I won't be able to get out until after next weekend.

JKTHOMPS 01-29-2014 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by nik81818 (Post 3823252)
There's sum of us going to hollister saturday if anyone wants to go

Sent From FBI Listening Van

Normally I would go but with KOH going on next week I have to pack and get ready to head down to SoCal. Next one for sure. Thanks!

Chefbrujo 01-29-2014 09:20 PM

Im in the Ph/Concord area myself ::cheers::
Nice to see someone nearby. I've been wondering if there is any good blm land where i can wheel out and camp "near by". I know its pbly gna be a 2-3 hour drive to get somewhere. Just hoping maybe there is a secret spot a little closer? Any suggestions? Everything is pretty far away from here.

Ever been to the lost coast road? Is that worth going to? I've heard of most of the places you mentioned earlier in this thread. Been to prairie city, that was good. Carnegir got any trails? I heard they were considering making some?

Sent from my iPhone while thinking of my Jeep