Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Hello from Oahu!

Old 09-02-2017, 01:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Oahu!

Hi! My name is Brendan, I'm Active Duty army and I'm currently stationed in Hawaii. My wife and I have an unmodified 2016 Willy's edition Wrangler. We've recently decided to start modifying it as a hobby together. We don't do any serious offroading, just taking some trails to get to the spots where we hike, spearfishing and scuba dive. I've listed a few of my other keeps before but this is the newest and nicest one I've had, and it's also half my wife's lol. So it's going to be a light duty mall crawler do the time being. Glad to be here!
Old 09-02-2017, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by NadnerbsWilly
Hi! My name is Brendan, I'm Active Duty army and I'm currently stationed in Hawaii. My wife and I have an unmodified 2016 Willy's edition Wrangler. We've recently decided to start modifying it as a hobby together. We don't do any serious offroading, just taking some trails to get to the spots where we hike, spearfishing and scuba dive. I've listed a few of my other keeps before but this is the newest and nicest one I've had, and it's also half my wife's lol. So it's going to be a light duty mall crawler do the time being. Glad to be here!
Welcome to JK-Forum and nice assignment! I've only visited Hawaii (the big island) and absolutely loved it. We rented a jeep for our visit and that made a huge difference in where we could go. That was a stock jeep and it did just fine so being a light duty mall crawler still means that it'll be very capable. Shoot me a PM with when/where/ with whom you've been assigned and what your MOS or branch is and I'll get you hooked up with the Army icon on your profile.

I really loved the food in Hawaii and the variety of landscape.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Welcome to JK-Forum and nice assignment! I've only visited Hawaii (the big island) and absolutely loved it. We rented a jeep for our visit and that made a huge difference in where we could go. That was a stock jeep and it did just fine so being a light duty mall crawler still means that it'll be very capable. Shoot me a PM with when/where/ with whom you've been assigned and what your MOS or branch is and I'll get you hooked up with the Army icon on your profile.

I really loved the food in Hawaii and the variety of landscape.
Thanks! I think it's going to end up looking great. I'm Active Army, and am a 15E unmanned aerial systems technician In 2010 I was on for Benning, with 1-15th infantry, 3HBCT, 3ID. Then I got out in late 2013, met my wife in the police academy who is also a vet, decided to get back in and am now with B Troop, 2-6 CAV, 25th CAB. Right now I'm in the middle of a Pacific pathways rotation in Indonesia.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by NadnerbsWilly
Thanks! I think it's going to end up looking great. I'm Active Army, and am a 15E unmanned aerial systems technician In 2010 I was on for Benning, with 1-15th infantry, 3HBCT, 3ID. Then I got out in late 2013, met my wife in the police academy who is also a vet, decided to get back in and am now with B Troop, 2-6 CAV, 25th CAB. Right now I'm in the middle of a Pacific pathways rotation in Indonesia.
Good deal! You should see the icon in a day or so.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome & aloha! I’m wrapping up my tour in Hawaii, only about 6 months left...check out ohau jeeps on fb; they are always doing rides and get-togethers. There are only a few “trails” here and I’m pretty sure they all require permits. I stay away cuz the locals used to put debris and scrap in the mud holes to damage rigs. Dunno if they still do or not so watch yourself out there...

Quick Reply: Hello from Oahu!