Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

"Hi there y'all" from CHOPPER in CT

Old 12-21-2006, 12:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Hi there y'all" from CHOPPER in CT

Hi folks,

I've never owned a Jeep and as of this writing I still don't, although, I do have a reciept for my deposit...Does that count???

I'm really glad that I stumbled upon this site. After reading a bunch of posts I really can't wait to get my rig so I can try some of the great mods that I've read all ready.

I look forward to our conversations

Peace
John (aka CHOPPER)

PS: I'm into bikes too, I own 3 Triumph's
1- 1966 650 Tiger : My rigid chopper that I hand built and am always looking to improve upon
2- 1978 750 Bonneville : My stock ride with suspension. The ladies like this one because it doesn't
bruse their butt like the rigid, and it vibrates like mad
3 - 1957 750 Bonneville : I just reciently picked this one up. It's not really a basket case, but it needs TONS of work.
I'm thinking about turning it into a retro flat-track racer style bike...but time will tell.

Last edited by CHOPPER; 12-21-2006 at 01:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the boards...the wait...the forward and backward status...the...the...where are we again?
Old 12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to the site.. Congrats on the new Jeep...

If your into bikes.. chances are you'll love the jeep...
Old 12-23-2006, 01:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome you guys, it's good to be here.
I was really psyched to find this forum. Whoever put the site together did a hell of a nice job.

I had no idea that Jeep owners were are like a whole under ground comunity of their own, kind of like the
way the Grateful Dead had a following of their own.

My buddy's girlfriend told me that her mom owns a Jeep Wrangler, and she says all the Jeep owners wave to each other.
She said, "You watch, when you get your Wrangler other people driving Wranglers will all wave to you."

If this is true, I was wondering...Is it strickly just the Wrangler owners that wave to each other?
I don't think that I've seen Liberty owners waving to each outer
My buddy told me Corvette ovners wave to each other also..
I never knew this. I thought it was pretty much limited to just the motorcycle riders.
If that's how it is, I feel even better now about buying a Jeep And becoming part of a whole new comunity.

I'm glad that I got the heads up about this too. Because I'm sure I would have waved back even not knowing about it,
but I would probably be thinking'"Do they know me somehow???" Or maybe, "Every one likes my four door."

Last edited by CHOPPER; 12-23-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:17 AM
JK Freak

Default Welcome

Oh yeah we all wave to each other, help fix a broken rig on the trail, check out each others mods and generally like all everything JEEP. Just wait till you start driving your JK - aside from driving a really cool rig I'm still amazed at the rigs attention it garners from other JEEPERS. Buckle up!
Old 12-23-2006, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

Welcome buddy! And yeah its called a Jeep wave, but it only goes out to fellow wrangler drivers. Just like a guy in a vette probably wouldnt wave to a guy in a cobalt. hehe Cant wait to see your jeep.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
Cant wait to see your jeep.
Yeah...Neither can I

As A matter of fact, I basicly ordered my Rubicon sight unseen because none of the dealers in my local area had one. There is only one dealer in CT I saw on line that has one or two Rubicons, but they are over an hour away from my place. I've thought about going to check one out, but I'm just too busy.

I've road tested a couple of X's, but that was it. So I don't know what the seats are really like, or how tall the vehicle is, or even what its like to drive a Jeep with a standard tranny because so far the only ones I've ever driven have had automatics in them.
I'm not down on the autos, I just don't want one in mine.

Even my friends Jeep, I forget the model (It.s got the rectangular headlights), Has an automatic in it, Which even he is a little disappointed in.

I can say this though, the difference between driving a Jeep with leaf spring suspension and driving one with the coil spring suspension is like night and day.

Last edited by CHOPPER; 12-23-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hello and welcome ! When I was younger I had apox 8
Suzuki RM dirt bikes. In the seventies I had a neighbor
that had a Rickman/Triumph TT bike. Do you remember
those ? It was the only one I ever saw. He was in the Navy
and only got it out about once a year. I often wonder if
what ever happend to it. And yes, I even wave at night
Old 12-23-2006, 02:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the board.

We always have room for one more, and yes your reciept does count.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank's for the warm welcome, Y'all are making me feel really at home here.

Originally Posted by JKRubi07
In the seventies I had a neighbor
that had a Rickman/Triumph TT bike. Do you remember
those ?
Back in the seventies I was still pretty young. I was born in '67. So when it came to motorcycles the only thing I knew about 'em then was that if The Wide World of Sports was on TV, I might see Evel Knievel jumping some cars or some trucks, which to me was the coolest thing in the world ...
He was my hero when I was a kid.
Before he became famous he started out doing his stunts on Triumphs, untill Harley became his official sponser. So of course I always wanted a Harley since that's what I saw he was riding. I didn't find out that he started out on the Triumphs until after I all ready owned one. and with sooo many Harleys on the road these days, I'm rather proud to have my Triumphs. I'll post some pics of 'em one of these days

I've heard of the TT model bikes but I can't say that I recall the Rickman/TT.
I'm gonna have to look in some of my books to see if I can find one.
Actually the exhaust pipes on my '66 rigid are TT style pipes.
I like them a little better because if you really lean the bike over in a corner they don't scrape the ground like the standard pipes will because of the position their mounted in.

Last edited by CHOPPER; 12-24-2006 at 03:05 AM.

Quick Reply: "Hi there y'all" from CHOPPER in CT