Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Idaho Jeeep first timer

Old 01-26-2019, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idaho Jeep first timer

Hey Guys!

Been lurking on the site while I searched around for a Jeep. Finally pulled the trigger on one. Bought a 2010 JKU Mountain Edition. I have been looking for for a long time as I only wanted a Mango Tango. Made the switch from a from a lifetime of high horsepowered mustangs, but getting a tad older priorities changed a bit. Plus made the move from CA to ID and this is a more appropriate toy for here.

Look forward to contributing if/when I can, and will post when I start my build.

Think I am going to the Jamboree here in June as well.

Mike

Last edited by fordinajeep; 01-26-2019 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks great Mike. Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-28-2019, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to JKF. If you mean the Jeep Jamboree in Silver Valley, I highly recommend you sign up for that. I haven't been to the Silver Valley event, but have been to several others. They are a great time and a low threat environment to get to know the capabilities of your rig.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Welcome to JKF. If you mean the Jeep Jamboree in Silver Valley, I highly recommend you sign up for that. I haven't been to the Silver Valley event, but have been to several others. They are a great time and a low threat environment to get to know the capabilities of your rig.
Yep, the Sliver Valley Jamboree. Buddy and I already signed up, he is driving up fro CA, meeting me in Boise, then up we go. Can't wait! Hopefully will have my lift/lockers/gears/35's on by then
Old 01-29-2019, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Well, if you don't have that stuff on, you'll still be fine. They have different groups based on driver ability and rig capability. You shouldn't have trouble. Really, a stock sport does pretty great on these events with the exception of the factory highway tires. Those damned things cut sides easy. From the looks of your tires, you'd be just fine, so don't sweat it and get in a hurry with the upgrades.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Gotcha! Great advice. Ya this came with some 60% worn 32" BFG MT's.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the club

Quick Reply: Idaho Jeeep first timer