Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Introduction & First thoughts...

Old 11-26-2006, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction & First thoughts...

Let me start by saying this... I don't own a jeep... yet.

I have been a ford truck man for 8 years now... first a ranger 4x4, and 2 explorer 4x4s, and i've finally had enough. Nothings wrong with my fords mind you, I just want one of those dang 4 door Wranglers!

My name is Jeremy, from Richmond, Virginia area. I'm a young lass at 24, and currently have a Safety & Paramedic job at a large industrial facility, I work part time as a Paramedic/FireFighter. It all started at me looking at the Jeep Commanders to replace my 02 Explorer 4dr 4x4... then i noticed it wayyy accross the lot, just getting off the truck. What was it? Looked like a Mercedes G500 from where I stood... naww.. that couldn't be it, walked over and to my suprise, I found a 4 door wrangler... Now, i've always been a Wrangler fan, but considered it a little too creature for my comfort.... but when I peered inside this burgundy hardtop gem, i found power windows, locks, and an auto... This is obsurd I think to myself!!!

Now many people will scoff at me at the thought of a automatic jeep... but when I get to thinking of it, i don't believe i've ever seen a 5spd F250, Silverado, Ram, etc out on our local trails, nor beach at nags head... they're all autos. I personally will not be doing much rock climbing but I would imaging that juggling the gas, and the clutch is none too fun, and the last FOUR WHEELER magazine i read had several slushboxes (beefed) climbing stuff I wouldn't dare push my worst enemy off the top of. So i'll just leave it at that... I think the auto would personally be better suited for my daily driving.

So, off I begin, prepping my explorer for sale. I head down to the Jeep dealership in Williamsburg as I find they have a white 2dr on the lot, although an 6spd, I was more interested in checking out the truck itself. My impressions were good and I was exstatic about the fact that the truck, with the hardtop, was just as quiet as my Explorer... another plus. After spending a few days browsing over this forum I've noticed that alot of people are going with the automatics, moreso than EVER before with a wrangler apparently. Now I just hope my explorer sells in a timely manner

Upon sale of my explorer I plan to find, or order:

07 Wrangler Unlimited X - 24S package
Stone White
Automatic
Power group
Towing package
A/C

Later on I plan to add rocker guards of some sort, or steps, since the X-package looks kinda funny without them.

That being said, I have enjoyed this forum so far and plan to increase my participation starting now. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey OJMiles, welcome to JK-Forum and to the world of Jeeps! As far as autos go, a lot of guys actually prefer them especially if you play on the rocks
Old 11-26-2006, 06:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

A proud day. This forum has just reformed a Ford dude into a Jeep dude.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Originally Posted by Robar
A proud day. This forum has just reformed a Ford dude into a Jeep dude.
LMAO, OJmiles, Welcome to the board, Auto is the only way to go, I love my 04 with the automatic tranny. Papabear Moab tested

Quick Reply: Introduction & First thoughts...