Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Just ordered my 2011 black ops

Old 11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my 2011 black ops

New to jeep...bring it on, I know you are are gonna give me grief. Love the wheels...obviously don't care about the decals. Don't even play video games. After you kill me for wasting my money help me decide what to do first. Want to off road, lift kit suggestions please!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bcousy14
New to jeep...bring it on, I know you are are gonna give me grief. Love the wheels...obviously don't care about the decals. Don't even play video games. After you kill me for wasting my money help me decide what to do first. Want to off road, lift kit suggestions please!
Gotta ask ... is Black OPS package an additional cost on top of standard Rubicon? how much extra? As far as I can tell it a Rubi with some Mountain parts swapped on.

It would be nice if the Black OPS included GPS, CB Radio, Off-Road Bumpers and Swing out Carrier, etc ...
Old 11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dmhines
Gotta ask ... is Black OPS package an additional cost on top of standard Rubicon? how much extra? As far as I can tell it a Rubi with some Mountain parts swapped on.

It would be nice if the Black OPS included GPS, CB Radio, Off-Road Bumpers and Swing out Carrier, etc ...

Its slightly more. Mineral grey wheels, 32" tires, blackout exterior, mopar tail light guards and thats about it. Standard Rubi otherwise from what I have been able to find out. Still a nice ride though.

Enjoy, your new JEEP!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mr and Mrs 636 Rubi
Its slightly more. Mineral grey wheels, 32" tires, blackout exterior, mopar tail light guards and thats about it. Standard Rubi otherwise from what I have been able to find out. Still a nice ride though.

Enjoy, your new JEEP!
Since it's a special edition ... Olive Drab would have been sweet too!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah its the mountain wheels, 3 decals on quarter panels, black fuel door filler, black tail lamp guards, black matte hood. The only thing of substance are the wheels. I don't have my order sheet on me, but it was like $700. I was originally getting a black sahara and after market aev pintlers. The money I was gonna spend on wheels and tires covers the difference from bumping up to a rubicon. So I figure I'll borrow the same amount of money get dark wheels and a rubi as opposed to a sahara.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Personally, I'd take off the decals. But i haven't seen an up close shot of them yet

Definitely get a lift, when money is right
Old 11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Definitely a better choice than a Sahara !
Old 11-03-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nickdandria
Personally, I'd take off the decals. But i haven't seen an up close shot of them yet

Definitely get a lift, when money is right
I should have said the first thing I AM doing is removing the decals. I teach high school and had my students begging for them. I'll give them away to best grade on midterms or something. Don't like that it doesn't have rubicon decal. I have budgeted about $3000 for after market as soon as I take delivery. I really have no idea where to start on a lift. Was looking at the aev nth degree 3.5". Am I going for too much out of the gate? Never been off roading before. Looking to start slow, have a feeling I might get obsessed. I guess I should start posting on threads that discuss lifts. I can't wait to hit my first trail!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bcousy14
I should have said the first thing I AM doing is removing the decals. I teach high school and had my students begging for them. I'll give them away to best grade on midterms or something. Don't like that it doesn't have rubicon decal. I have budgeted about $3000 for after market as soon as I take delivery. I really have no idea where to start on a lift. Was looking at the aev nth degree 3.5". Am I going for too much out of the gate? Never been off roading before. Looking to start slow, have a feeling I might get obsessed. I guess I should start posting on threads that discuss lifts. I can't wait to hit my first trail!!!!
Well, here on the forum you will find that everyone is very friendly. So you won't have to worry about wandering in circles

Personally, I prefer the OME 2" HD lift. It is a GREAT lift, and much better ride than stock suspension. Any questions just PM me
Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Make sure you wait 6 months before you remove the decals so the paint has a chance to cure. Had friends take off decals when they 1st got their jks and now they have paint blemishes where the decals used to be. Ive also got friends who took it off right when they took delivery and they came off without issue. So to be on the safe side an wait, nothing worse then screwin up a new 30k rig. Good Luck with her!

Quick Reply: Just ordered my 2011 black ops