Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

Long time lurker, figure I'd introduce myself :)

Old 02-18-2018, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Long time lurker, figure I'd introduce myself :)

Hey Jeep Fam.

Just a little intro. Ryan from Southern Cal, soon to be residing in Georgia, though. Me and my dog, Maverick, Look forward to doing some good Southern wheeling with you folks soon!

My rig:
2015 Jeep JKUR
60's
40" Nittos
Trailready Beadlocks
Rock Krawler Trail Gunner
And some other goodies.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

whaaa nobody wants to play with me :( hahaha! Anyway, moving from southern cal to the ATL area middle of march. looking forward to doing some southern wheeling soon! See you on the trail
Old 02-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

socialmisfit what's in a Name.. Or your name says it all.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

It's been decades since I moved away from SoCal, but some good (but awkward) advice I got was to immediately get rid of the CA plates. It's strange, but it seemed to affect how we were treated. Nice looking Jeep, have fun...

Last edited by Mr.T; 02-22-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TrailBadger
socialmisfit what's in a Name.. Or your name says it all.
Haha its been my email since I can remember. Has a nice little ring to it and I guess I am a bit of a social misfit, but not in a weird way. More of a fun way
Old 02-22-2018, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr.T
It's been decades since I moved away from SoCal, but some good (but awkward) advice I got was to immediately get rid of the CA plates. It's strange, but it seemed to affect how we were treated. Nice looking Jeep, have fun...

Good advice thank you! I plan on transferring everything over to GA as soon as possible anyway. It's funny how certain people act towards Californians. Granted, there is quite a bit of bullshit out here haha, so it's not that shocking.

Thanks for the kind words on the rig. Can't wait to get it on some trails out there! Any recommendations?
Old 02-22-2018, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by socialmisfit
Good advice thank you! I plan on transferring everything over to GA as soon as possible anyway. It's funny how certain people act towards Californians. Granted, there is quite a bit of bullshit out here haha, so it's not that shocking.

Thanks for the kind words on the rig. Can't wait to get it on some trails out there! Any recommendations?
I'm actually in Oregon, so unfortunately no Georgia trail recommendations. There's lots of ex-Californians up here. Often if I mention where I grew up, the response is something like "I'm from CA too, but I don't usually mention it to anyone". Not shocking, but it kind of illustrates how we humans tend to have and use stereotypes.

The following users liked this post:
socialmisfit (02-27-2018)

Quick Reply: Long time lurker, figure I'd introduce myself :)