Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New but not too new

Old 07-11-2019, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New but not too new

Good Morning! I'm "new-ish" to the world of Jeep. I have loved them since I was about 16 or so. Dated Jeep guys as they seemed to be more fun than the other guys. HA! I finally got a Jeep in 2010 .... a Grand Cherokee. Still have her. In 2014 I got my baby. My Mango. Love that Jeep! She wasn't new, but she stole my heart and I had to have her. The color is what sold me! I was the only Mango Tango in my area for a long time and now there are about 5 others around. All different! That's another thing I love about Jeep. Everyone does something different to them when they go to add personality. It's awesome!

My Mango kinda blew her engine back in May. So, we are gonna drop a new one in her. I'm not modifying or adding a Hemi. We have that in the Ram Outdoorsman I have been forced to drive since. I'm going through Jeep withdraw. I'm hating doors and a fixed top too. Such is life though. I'm trying to get a new JL, but time will tell if that will come through or not. So, in the mean time, I'm filling my Jeep void with the forums. Learning and enjoying.

Jeep On!

Old 07-11-2019, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Welcome

Haha, Mango! Love it! Seems trendy over stateside to take off the tops and doors, you hardly ever see that here in Oz. Would be a mammoth task to clean after some mud fun...!
I had a Valiant Charger many mond ago with the big 265 Hemi straight six engine and it was brilliant engine to work on! I'm not fond of this 3.6l V6 at all, no torque down low.. Anyway, you can vicariously enjoy jeeping until Mango gets back on the road here in the forums 😊
Old 07-12-2019, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Mango is definitely one of those colors and that's how I ended up with mine. I bought it new because I saw a color on the lot that I had to have. Not many folks had them. Fast forward 9 years and a move, now I see them everywhere. I'm in a small town and there's 4 that I see regularly. To help with your withdrawls, I'm posting mango beadlocks that I just got new rubber for. I'm at 200k miles on mine and kind of waiting for the day the motor goes.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:34 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Yikes.... Jeep withdrawl! Hope it all comes back together soon! Welcome!
Old 07-13-2019, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome to our group from South Texas!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:18 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I've always liked that color....it's right there as one of the top all-times IMO. Hopefully gets new engine soon and rolling again. Having a blown 3.8L has to be a bitter sweet thing

Quick Reply: New but not too new