JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   The New Member Registry (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/)
-   -   new to the forum (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/new-member-registry-21/new-forum-1200/)

dkingjk 12-11-2006 12:24 PM

new to the forum

Just thuoght id say hi
I ve had my JK for about a month its already sitting on a Full Traction 2in budjet
boost and a set of 285 75 16 procomp Xterrains. This is not the first time so here I go again. Ill post pictures later

looks like a pretty good forum, Ive been watching for a while

wayoflife 12-11-2006 12:30 PM

Hey dkingjk, welcome to JK-Forum.com - it's good to have ya here!! Please do post some pics of your new JK and make the rest of us who are still waiting drool with envy :drool: :D

TORN 12-11-2006 07:22 PM

Welcome dkingjk! Glad you made it here, it's a great forum.

ThinkMud 12-13-2006 08:25 AM

Welcome! where about in central va? i'm in Richmond, we should plan a trail ride soon, there seems to be a few of us VA people around here. got pics of your lift? I have a TeraFlex 2.5" kit coming soon, it's been ordered about a week now... waiting... waiting...

britjk 12-13-2006 08:38 AM

Hey - newbie here too. Near Warrenton Va. I put the 2'' Full Traction lift on my 2007 unlimited sahara - black with khaki top- 18'' wheels and dana 44 axle - 4:10 gears. What tires did you get?

dkingjk 12-13-2006 11:05 AM

yobuck
good to here from you, I thought i was all alone here, Im in mechanicsville, probably wont be running to Shoe Creek untill after the holidays but would love to have you along

ThinkMud 12-13-2006 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by dkingjk (Post 9241)
yobuck
good to here from you, I thought i was all alone here, Im in mechanicsville, probably wont be running to Shoe Creek untill after the holidays but would love to have you along

yeah dude, just let me know, I'm always down for a trail ride! My girlfriend has an 06 Unlimited Rubicon and she goes a lot too, we also ride with the VAXC.org (i used to have an Xterra) and there are a lot of Jeep clubs locally too, but I haven't had the time to meet up with any of them. There is a fun little spot in Fredricksburg, right off 95 that is a good place to get used to your vehicle, little mud, little hills and stuff, it's only like 45 minutes from here. I go there a lot, just to get my Mud fix:D

dkingjk 12-13-2006 04:38 PM

I too was a member of vaxc (kingx) I had an 05 xterra offroad with the same
285 xterains (procomp) that are now residing on my new jk. what was your reason for trading to jeep. mine was the fact that ive owned 11 jeeps and never really felt comfortable wheeling the X due to the reported problems with the exploding front diffs, other than that I really the power that the X offered

ThinkMud 12-13-2006 04:44 PM

that's funny dude, my X was an 05, and i'm running my same tires.
I had a jeep back in 99 and 2000, and I loved it, lived Denver CO and wheeled often, then I found out I was going to be a daddy, so i traded up for a Subaru Outback Sport, then went on to 2 Xterra's in last 1.5 years, then got really into Wheeling and ended up wishing I had more then X could offer, plus I missed my jeep everyday i passed one for 6 years!! and then i saw the 4 doors, and knew I had no excuse not to have another Jeep, and after wheeling it, I won't be driving anything else:yup: i'm still active with the VAXC, i'm yobuck on there as well. you should come to the meet-n-greet this Sat. it's on the vaxc site, they don't care i don't have an Xterra anymore, everyone on there is still cool, hell I had 2 of them pull me out of the mud when i got stuck the other day!

dkingjk 12-13-2006 04:58 PM

be right back im going over to vaxc site