Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New NJ JKU Owner

Old 01-07-2017, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New NJ JKU Owner

Hello all,

New JKU owner from NJ here. Purchased a 2014 Rubicon. Absolutely love it. However, I do want to upgrade the stock BFG 32" tires. Jeep is an everyday driver, may do some offroading with it this spring, but mostly road and beach driving. Tread on current tires way too aggressive and with 15k miles, they are getting loud.

Been doing some research, but the options are totally overwhelming. What I am looking for is a wider stance and am pretty sure want to put 35s on it. I don't want a huge lifted look (space btw top of tire and flare minimal) so the JK has a squatter look.

Wondering if anyone is willing to give some advice on a simple must have set up versus tons of nice to haves etc.

Thanks to everyone in this forum and all the time you take to post informative info!

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2315.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	664159  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out the Falken Wildpeak AT3s not as aggressive as a true MT but in a 35x12.5 should give you the look you want without the noise. I've been running them for about 10kmiles and they are surprisingly quiet on the road

Lift wise, Metalcloak offers a 1.5" kit that re uses your factory shocks or you could get any of their other kits with 2 door 2.5" springs. that should give you enough space for the 35. I'm running that lift and 33s and would be able to clear next size up with some bumpstop additions
Old 01-09-2017, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2017, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to JK-Forum!

Quick Reply: New NJ JKU Owner